Originally posted by Bugzuki:

1. What did you do about the gasket that has the crossbar in it. I was thinking about doing this to the LIM, but will the gasket hold its form?

2. When you ported the heads did you take them off and take the valves out?

3. Have you noticed any torque loss not having the secondaries. I want to dump mine. It bothers me that there is so much of a power gain when they open that people ask me if I have a turbo. Obviously timed wrong.

4. Do you worry about the filler coming out of the holes?

Thanks

1. I had no problems with the crossbar removed. Barely tack them into place with some tiny dabs of contact cement so they seat where they should between the LIM and the heads, until the LIM is torqued down.

2. Yes, that's the only way to do them properly. There is a TON of bowl clean up and valve seal to bowl size matching that needs to be done. I took my heads in to have a full radius valve job after just to be on the safe side.

3. Not at all, even at the 'lame' 3.5psi I was putting out some serious power

4. No. Kop Coat is a very good product and there are other aluminum epoxy type products that are way easier to find that would do a good job too. To be safe, just rough up the holes with 60 grit to give the product something to bite into as it drys/cures.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone