Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
I havn't seen a 24v DOHC badge stock on a Contour. The SVT's have the 24V High Output badge, whereas everyone else has a "SE", "GL", or "LX" and whatever the Mystique comes in.

My 95 GL parts car has the DOHC badge. Quite nice looking. I'll probably replace my SE badge with it.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Tisby:
Originally posted by hot3dog3lucky3:
Have you considered knauberizing?

If it was me, I'd say no way. The bumper has already been repainted with the front plate thingy on...

Sorry, didn't realize it had been repainted.

98' Black SVT Build #1915 of 6535
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Nice work Ryan!

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Guitarman, good choice of products...

Thanks! But honestly, it was your detailing pics that lead me to get these products in the first place... so i should be thanking you for the good choice in products!

Originally posted by Klasse Act:

if I can make a suggestion, apply more coats of SG than the caranuba. I'd mix in the caranuba about every 3rd coat as the SG is going to last longer, but when you want a change of pace, add the caranuba for some depth Again, quality job for a quality ride!!!!

I did use 3 coats of SG then one of carnauba. does adding the carnauba on top decrease the durability of the SG?

Thanks for the comments! It does look great in person (although it does reveal my paint flaws more) and it feels amazing too!

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
No your not going to hurt the effectiveness of the Klasse SG at all. The caranuba gives your paint both depth and added protection. How often do you plan on waxing after this and how will you maintain the paints awesome shine

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
Quote:

My 95 GL parts car has the DOHC badge. Quite nice looking. I'll probably replace my SE badge with it.

So i can order the DOHC side badge and put it on my car. What year model's should i ask for at the dealership? I want to change mine out. LOOKS nice compared to the plain jane LS tab.

Quote:

I havn't seen a 24v DOHC badge stock on a Contour. The SVT's have the 24V High Output badge, whereas everyone else has a "SE", "GL", or "LX" and whatever the Mystique comes in

What are all the badges your showing on your car. I can make out one though not the other's. OH, where did you get that reflexctive white Deals Gap sticker?

Quote:

Thanks for the comments! It does look great in person (although it does reveal my paint flaws more) and it feels amazing too!

Did you use any paint cleaner other than the clay bar which is meant for oxidation and enviroment paint degrade(contaminants). Did you use any paint cleaner to minimize the swirls , scratch marks and tiny paint blemishes that may have occured with highway grit? You mentioned clay bar, sealant, and carnauba. Nothing about using an agent to help spread the molecules of the paint to aid in hiding minimal swirls, scuff marks etc. Was just wondering.

2000 Merc LS #25302 Ducati Monster 620 (red), 250 Honda VTR (white and blue),Kawaski Eliminator 600(red), mini chopper(a.k.a)Suzuki Savage LS 650 modified (black)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard