Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
I think what you're talking about is completely different cars. Ford definitely could have ran SVTs on the same line as regular Contours and probably did, I haven't heard definite fact what was done.

I'll say it again ... The SVT Contours were run down the same line , at the same time as all other Contours . They were not made on another line , not off in a corner , not by special hands , not in another facility , etc , etc . Apart from the pre-production CSVT's getting a couple "extra looks" , they were surrounded on the line by all other trim levels of Contours . There is no mystery here .

Exactly. The multi-model assembly lines are not new. Longbranch in England that produced The Austin Minis ran the standard saloons down the line,as well as all variations of the Mini models including the pickups,panel vans,wagons and convertables......for 40 years.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction