Originally posted by Zetec_B:
It makes no sense to me why they would build SVT's in a different section of the factory or give them special treatment. It's just another Contour that they had to put some minor different parts on. The differences between the SVTs and the plainjane Contours were so miniscule during production,they probably hardly even noticed it was an SVT rolling down the line.

As for myself,I build the seats for thy Chrysler LX cars (300,Charger,Magnum),and we run the seats for all 3 cars down the same lines,whether they be 60/40 split rears,fullback rears,Charger,Magnum,300,power buckets,manual buckets,whatever. The only differences in our day is the occasional run of SRT-8 seats we get,which require a small amount of extra work,like making sure the proper larger bolstered foam is used,they take a few extra hog rings,you have to take more care rolling the covers,ad then when the seats are done being build,they are taken offline and ironed and finessed until they look as perfect as we can get them,whereas all other seats just roll down the line. At the Chrysler assembly plant,they run all 3 cars down the same lines as well,300s,Chargers,Magnums,and an SRT8 will follow a base model SE down the line. It's just another car to us/them,it makes no difference. I beleive all DCX assembly has to do is a little bit of paperwork for the SRT8s,like Ford did with the SVTs. Up until recently,we had tracking sheets for the SRT8 seats when we built them,but they are no longer used. As far as I know all the SRT8 cars have a limited production sequence badge in the engine bay or something,somewhere in the vehicle.

Cause SRT-8 is just another trim model whereas SVT used to be a Seperate identity.

and there are actually a bunch of things different on the cars. Its not just "throw intake manifold B on car 2"

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.