Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by imurdaddytoo sport:
i read somewhere to use toothpaste on headlights to clear them up, anyone else heard of this?

Works OK on lightly hazed headlights. I would try the Comet first if they are very bad.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by imurdaddytoo sport:
i read somewhere to use toothpaste on headlights to clear them up, anyone else heard of this?

LOL. So did I, and I did it as a quick fix to pass the annual safety inspection (read my link in the previous post on this thread). It has been almost two weeks and it still looks "acceptable" but I'm sure it will haze back in a few weeks or so. I will probably do CRZYDRVR's buff and clear coat when I do the "permanent" fix.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
they actually inspect headlights? we dont have any kind of vehicle inspection in florida so anything that has to do with it is all new to me. here you just pick up the tag for your car and thats it than pay tax on the tag each year. only time they check a car is when you register or transfer a title from an out of state car. they just run the vin to see if its stolen and to check the title vin # and car vin #'s.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
they actually inspect headlights? we dont have any kind of vehicle inspection in florida so anything that has to do with it is all new to me. here you just pick up the tag for your car and thats it than pay tax on the tag each year. only time they check a car is when you register or transfer a title from an out of state car. they just run the vin to see if its stolen and to check the title vin # and car vin #'s.

Good ol' Florida, the state that doesn't care. Wooo whoo

As long as your not noisy at night and don't have a obnoxiously loud muffler, your car is fine on the road.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
they actually inspect headlights? ..

Actually, the guy checked with a machine and it showed how much light shone out. There is a needle which moves on a Bad, Good and Excellent (or something like that) scale. But this was the first time, I've seen any inspector use it. The previous times that I had inspections done, all the guy did was check that the lights were working. Maybe this time, the haze (and old bulbs) got to a point where he thought it would fail. Oh, and this is a new inspector. The guy who was the inspector in this station (I've been there for the past 3 years) retired this past year.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I'm gonna go try comet right now. I bought PlastX and muscled in probably 10 coats before figuring out it wasn't going to do ANYTHING to my lights

[edit] Comet didn't do anything either, so I guess it's a different problem and I can't diss PlastX for doing nothing

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
just wet sand it and take them to a body shop and get it clear coated. they will probally do it for like $30. just remember to mask of the leveler.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Clearcoat them yourself.

I did for $4 and 5 months later they still look like I jsut cleared them.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
i just recomend having a real good clear usd by automotive painters. the can stuff that i had used worked real good till it started to peel. what kind did you use. i used outdoor u.v. gloss clear from home depot.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
What grit sand paper did you use before the clear coat application?

Greg

2000 Silver Turbo CSVT (((FOR SALE, PM me! $12K))) 1999 Vibrant White Cougar
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard