Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by zetecpower:
yeah i understand what you saying.
im just looking into getting more HP out of my zetec possibly maybe 20 hp more than it is right now 130hp i belive. what you think i should do to make these changes

Ok, here's what you do. Because you have a Pre-98, get an adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator. If and when you start running lean from mods, you can bump your fuel pressure to compensate. You can get an Aeromotive 13102 fuel pressure regulator for $110. It takes all of 15 minutes to install.

You will need to do a TON of mods to go past the stock injectors limits. We are talking FRPP cylinder head, stage 3 cams, FRPP intake manifold, and ZXtuner header.

Like Stazi said, bigger injectors won't give you any more power over stock. They will actually hurt your performance if you don't have a chip.

HTH,
BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
hey thanks alot. so basically if i get the FPR then ill be able to boost it up a little? and when my car begins to run lean ill be able to adjust teh fule pressure on FPR? right?
by it self how much boost am i looking at with only FPR

1996 GL 2.0 16V Zetec DOHC AIM s/n- DJWhiterussian
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
You won't gain any power with the FPR.

The FPR will let you add more fuel when you get into a lean situation on the top end after a bunch of mods. You can safely get 20-30% more out of your injectors. If you turn your fuel pressure up too high, the injectors will drip which really screw up your idle. (There is soo much pressure that they can't stay closed.)

You can make your stock 16lb/hr injectors work like 21lb/hr injectors. Check out this page to see what I mean.

HTH,
BP

Last edited by ButtonPuncher; 05/27/06 09:02 PM.

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
lets cut to the chase, you don't know what you are doing or talking about so do not go an do any mods to your car, please do some research first and find out what you can and can't do. then choose what you want to do with your car.

Just stick to the intake and exhaust on your zetec, it isn't worth doing much more unless you have the money to do it all and do it correctly and want a contour zetec as a project car, hell it would be alot of fun with a well built engine and a tubro

basically there is nothing cheap that you can do to net you alot of power, so stop asking stupid questions about using things that you don't need to make power ...

edit: btw the people here are giving you good suggestions as to things you would do if you mod for alot of power, but they are not things that you need at the moment ...

Last edited by BrApple; 05/28/06 12:12 AM.

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
For the record I have YET to see ONE Contour run lean - from the factory, even with mods. Most the time they run pig rich so you don't need to be randomnly adding fuel without knowing what the AFR is for starters.

Case in point I tuned 3 SVT's at SZ All 3 ran at about 11.5:1 at WOT, after leaning them out to 13:1 (all 3 were using S-AFC's) the averagre gain in hp was about 9hp!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
my mondeo 2.0 zetec run VERY lean when it had CTA intake, powerflow exhaust, 60mm TB, stage 2 cams and 4-2-1 header with no custom tune.

and you will find those injectors on focus CFM will not fit the pre-98 zetecs anyway.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by percybigun:
and you will find those injectors on focus CFM will not fit the pre-98 zetecs anyway.

How so? The FRPP 42# injectors that I bought were a direct swap. Same body, connector, and impedance. I have a '96.

Do the pre-98 Mondeos have a different fuel rail or connectors?

BP

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Stazi:
For the record I have YET to see ONE Contour run lean - from the factory, even with mods. Most the time they run pig rich so you don't need to be randomnly adding fuel without knowing what the AFR is for starters.

Case in point I tuned 3 SVT's at SZ All 3 ran at about 11.5:1 at WOT, after leaning them out to 13:1 (all 3 were using S-AFC's) the averagre gain in hp was about 9hp!

You've never modded a Zetec?

Even with mild mods/no mods the Zetec will run around 12.5:1- 12:1 A/F.

Duratecs on the other hand....

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
That is very true. Those 16lb injectors are soo freakin' small! I need to get and AFR guage sooner than later.

BP

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard