Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
EDIT:

Oh yeah, the Goodyears and Avons. The GS-D3 is similar to the KDW2, with better wet grip. They're also quite expensive. I don't feel they're worth the premium unless you are after wet grip as a major priority.

Not right now. The GY are on sale for $88 a tire at tirerack.com. See other thread, quick!

Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
The Avons are similar to the Fuzion ZRi, Kumho SPT, and others. These are the new generation of tires like the 712. They last at least as long, handle better, and stick better than the 712. They have similar grip to the ZE512, in general, most I've driven are a bit better. The ZRi is quite sticky, but has a lousy carcass. The SPT is supossed to be quite good. But, you will sacrifice a healthy dose of dry grip to save money with these tires. I'm around two seconds per lap faster on the autocross course with MXs vs. ZRis. That's not huge, but it's noticeable on the street. The MX is a much nicer tire at the limit as well, and it wears better.

There's an Avon review to read here too. I'll have a set of the 550s on my car at the end of the week. Wish I had known the GY tires were going on sale though...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.