Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by ymicz:
at that price range I'd rather invest in oh say an '03 Cobra .

x 1billion!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
buying a corolla is the equivalent of wearing wal-mart clothes. It's cheap and lasts a long time sure. But to anyone with a sense of style you look plain jane and cheap. The corolla is the epitome of boring. I think toyota told the designers, "Hey! make this thing look as much like a 40 year old english teacher's car as possible, we wanna make sure we dont make this have any style that stands out in any particular way." I remember growing up and my neighbors "cheap asses" always had these economy boring, ugly effing cars. I always thought to myself who buys that kind of crap. And now its seems more like the norm than the exception. Sure the corolla "s" looks a little more sporty, but it doesnt have a soul. the car is the same econobox as the base model and a very weak styling enhancement anyway.

For some people a corolla is just fine. But in my personal opinion I'm going to buy a car i think represents me the most. Something i am happy to drive and happy to drive others and happy to be seen driving. If it costs me more in gas so what.

Now of course dont live beyond your means.

sorry i just think that buying a corolla is a crime against anyone who sees cars as more than just transportation.

Originally posted by TourDeForce:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 82 year old mother drives a Corolla 'S'. Good car for a great-grandmother.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO found this and had to add it

Last edited by Stylin55_oh; 05/26/06 04:04 PM.

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by red99sesport:
If you are somewhere within the average height range and are fairly slim, and you are proportioned so youy don't have really long legs, you can find a really comfortable position easily. Others seem to have a harder time doing so.

Actually I'm the opposite: 5'9" with a really tall back and really short legs. The seat was too high for me to reach the pedals without bearing down uncomfortably on the seat. I looked for a height adjustment but didn't find any.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Stylin55_oh:
It's cheap and lasts a long time sure.

For some people a corolla is just fine. But in my personal opinion... happy to drive and happy to drive others and happy to be seen driving.

Originally posted by TourDeForce:
My 82 year old mother drives a Corolla 'S'. Good car for a great-grandmother.

The very points from your post highlighted. To each their own. Frankly, I would rather have gotten my mother a Mazda 3. Better looks, better pricing, better performance. Unfortunately, my brother who got her a car before I had a say in the matter is totally brand loyal to Toyota. He made one stop at the Toyota dealer & said, "This is your new car.".

I've driven the car & it is great for what it is intended to do - Way better than the Geo Prison (intentional mis-spelling) it replaced. It truely is a nice car, just not my cup of tea.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Stylin55_oh:

For some people a corolla is just fine. But in my personal opinion I'm going to buy a car i think represents me the most. Something i am happy to drive and happy to drive others and happy to be seen driving. If it costs me more in gas so what.

sorry i just think that buying a corolla is a crime against anyone who sees cars as more than just transportation.

I feel the same way player, The Car sould fit the personally of the driver...... I've always injoyed my 95 Chevy Lumiua...I had her since day one...she fitted my needs & I was always happy to drive her & be seen driving her, she was more than a car....it was a part of me.

tho i've had it for 3 months now....I'm still getting use to The Contour, which is much smaller, and more harder to mod than my Lumiua.

my 95 lumina ( R.I.P 1/20/2006 )

1997 Ford Contour SE Car's D.O.B. 2-15-1997 from Ford-KC Plant Black Lighting http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2389976
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard