Also, leave the Mirko off of the car for 30 days after spraying it. That way the paint/clear is fully cured and will be durable. Considering that it's the most damage prone area of your car, it's more than just a good idea.... it's the only way IMO. Then you can color sand it and buff it to a glass like surface and not worry about it developing a texture. Sometimes if you color sand before it's totally cured it will get a texture or an orange peel look because it hasn't fully release it's solvents.

Use tons of clear! Spray one nice and even coat on the light side, let it flash, repeat upwards of 10 times. Rattle cans don't lay down a lot of material like HVLP guns, so the more coats you can get down without sagging, dripping, crazing or the like.....the better.

Sand with 600 grit inbetween coats if you need to (crap in the finish or any minor fixes), but other wise as long as it's cleaned with a tack cloth you shouldn't need to do anything else besides let the clear flash.

DuPont makes a really good trim/door jam clear coat that comes in a rattle can. It flashes very quick and flows out very nice. You could easily get 10 coats on with this stuff. I used it the lasttime I did my front bumper/mirko and loved working with it and it's results

Last edited by TC'd Swazo; 05/22/06 06:00 PM.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone