Ugh.... that was a fun experience. I had all 4 pulled and I didn't have great dental so I had to front money on it. Hence, no sedatives/painkillers other than local anesthesia. Really wasn't that bad, I didn't feel too much pain and it saved me quite a bit of dough. The worst part for me was definitely the following 5 days though. It absolutely sucks not being able to open your mouth. I recall eating alot of soup,rice,yogurt,smoothies, cereal, etc. Basically anything that could fit into a spoon and nothing bigger. I didn't worry to much about having food in my sutures, as I would usually just rinse them out after every "meal". But from what I hear, it's a different experience for everyone. Some have more pain during, more pain after, quicker rehab time, and so forth. As I said though, for me it was just the craps to not be able to open my mouth past a couple inches, not be able to talk normally, and I recall that only one side of my mouth swelled so I looked like some deformed boy-chipmunk, and it was during my first week of college. Oh the memories! Good luck.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388