Originally posted by convert:
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Originally posted by projectSHO89:
...Try the horn and the cruise. ...Steve

What Steve means is to press the horn and see if it works and drive and turn on the cruise control to see if it works.
He doesn't mean for you to open up the horn or cruise assembly (not yet anyway ).

I'm also having a similar problem - airbag light flashing (haven't checked for a code yet), horn and cruise control also not working. This implies the clockspring ciruit is opened? What kind of fix does this require? Thanks.

The horn and cruise share a common ciruit path with part of the airbag circuit. If all three have faults, it is a strong liklihood that the clockspring is the fault.

I seem to recakk that replacement instructions have been posted previously. I'm on a slooooow connection today, so I'm not going to to the SEARCH.

There are other things besides the clockspring that can cause the AIRBAG light to flash a code sequence, but the clockspring is a pretty common failure. Count your flash sequences so you can determine what the code is.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!