Originally posted by deftoned989:
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:

600w is complete overkill for what I'm running at the moment, but it was the same price as some 450w units, so it was a good buy. It's been stable as a rock and quiet enough I can hear the platters in the HD occasionally.

Another note on the PSU, I know from personal experience you get what you pay for when it comes to PSUs. It's usually a hugely overlooked area whenever people custom build PCs. I have no idea what brand you got, but I went for a cheap, 450 watt PSU a year back or so and it ended up frying my CPU, motherboard and video card. Needless to say, from now on I'll definitely spend the extra $40 or so and get an Antec or Enermax PSU, good quality.

It is a Xion. It's been rock solid for the last year. Like I said earlier, it's got a huge 140mm cooling fan. This PSU is QUIET! I think my final cost on it was right around $100. I'd NEVER buy a $20 or $30 PSU

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.