Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
NVMYSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Well we offically now have "His & Hers" We ended up driving about 13 hours round trip yesterday to pick another one up for the man because he loved mine so much..

His is the one with the gunmetal Racing Harts and mine is the one with the silver/black Konig rims..

Both cars have basically the same exact mods..

-Short Shifter (his has a Steeda and I have a B&M)
-Aftermarket Exhaust (his has a Flowmaster full system w/high flow cat and I have a Brullen system w/Sho Shop Y-Pipe & gutted cats
-Aftermarket Rims (his has 17 inch Racing Harts and I have 18 inch Konigs)
-Intake (both have K&N filters w/metal air intake pipes

I'm sure that the neighbors are now freaking out and making several double takes.. LOL All the little kids went nuts when we drove past to take these pictures - I think a few couldn't stop staring...

its sorta funny now that we currently have 3 cars that all share the same platform and bolt pattern... I feel like I died and went to "Duratec Heaven" LOL

BTW -- any way to find out what build number the new SVT is without calling the SVT hotline to obtain it? I did it with mine when it was free and attempted to locate that number on any of the jam stickers as a reference and failed. Also on those metal tags riveted to the radiator support mine states "Road & Track" what the hell is that?

Crispy 99 Cougar - Arancio Atlas/Grey Graphite Pearl Custom Widebody 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4014/6535 - Born 10/21/97 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4085/6535 - Born 11/10/97 See My Rides
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
damn they both look sexy, i really like that hood on the new one, never seen one with a scoop like that. Did you pick it up from another CEGer, i dont recognize that car.

99 contour se debadged "knauberized" fog light mod 17" Enkei CDR9 225/45/17 Contiextremecontacts Alpine CDA-9807 and 2 12" Kicker Comp C12 subwoofers http://members.cardomain.com/ridered81
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
You might be able to call and just ask for the production number. I did after the cutoff date, and they told me. I didn't have to order a certificate either.

The Road and Track Tag might indicate it was used in a test for the magazine at some point. Wouldn't that be sweet !!!

So tell me, if your plate reads SLV SVT, will the other one read SVT SLV ???

Nice pickup Crispy, I've been wanting to meet up with other CEGers, but other things have been in the way. I'll get there some time this Summer.

OK, and I don't know how to copy and delete the pictures..... Sorry, but the cars are worth another look anyway.

00 T-Red / Tan 17" FSVT Rims, Magnaflows, Alpine... For now #887 of 2150 12/13/99
N
NVMYSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by ridered81:
damn they both look sexy, i really like that hood on the new one, never seen one with a scoop like that. Did you pick it up from another CEGer, i dont recognize that car.

the one with the custom hood is mine.. I'm the 3rd owner of that car and it still has 64k on the dial.. I bought it with the hood like that.. I believe the last owner had the Mustang GT scoop grafted in, its actually pretty neat as it has the indent down the center and everything.. I actually don't like the look of it from the side so I picked up a fiberglass hood to replace it.. I tried for 6 months to find someone to just swap me hoods straight up and no one was ever interested so I kept it.. The man however loves it so we'll swap hoods eventually which makes me happy.

Yah, no clue on the "Road & Track" plate -- I've never seen another SVT with it. My production number is pretty high though so I don't anticipate it being too special.

As far as the plate - yes, we've been joking about having the 2nd one "SVT SLVR" for 5hits and giggles.

Crispy 99 Cougar - Arancio Atlas/Grey Graphite Pearl Custom Widebody 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4014/6535 - Born 10/21/97 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4085/6535 - Born 11/10/97 See My Rides
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
They will tell you the build date/production number when you call. You don't have to order the certificate.

Nice SVT's!

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
nice pick-up... damn i wish i could afford one.

99 V6SE Sport ATX
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
i need to drive over again.. 3 SVT's in Cottage Grove.. thats a friggen reccord

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Wow. Twins! It looks so weird seeing two almost identical silver CSVTs in the same driveway.

Any comments from the neighbors? LOL.

Last edited by PacificTourG; 05/21/06 04:28 AM.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Looks awesome

Are both of those running 18's? I'm getting bored of my FSVT's

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Berkel:
Looks awesome

Are both of those running 18's? I'm getting bored of my FSVT's

Originally posted by NVMYSVT:
-Aftermarket Rims (his has 17 inch Racing Harts and I have 18 inch Konigs)

Read much?

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard