Originally posted by Avey:
I just looked at your pics again and you did forget the to unbolt the a/c dryer, you're stressing the a/c lines etc

Yea your right I didn't. It looked as if the lines were bolted to the the inner fender and not the subframe, I guess I didn't look close enough.

Just for clarification you leave the strut bolted to the hub on the drivers side, you only want to diconnect the ball joint from the hub.

Why does it matter if you leave the strut bolted or unbolted? I already removed it from the control arm.

Can't tell from the pics but you also need to pop out the tie rod on the drivers side.

Yes I forgot to mention that. I did unbolt everything in the drivers side wheel well. Including the brake caliper, brake lines, as well as the tie rod. So there is nothing connecting the car to the lower control arm anymore.

So just to recap I need to unbolt the A/C dryer, remove the steering boot so I don't rip it, and remove ball joint from the hub and I should be good to go?

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp