well, the thing is that the E0 csvt is about 7.9 (from Ford), and some magazines give it around 7.0 (unofficial time). The thing is that I saw that many people say it's about 15.4-6 for 1/4 mile, while the g-tech, gave me 14.9sec. and i know i must have has some major upgrades to cut down with a half a second.
why the air drag affects the hp that the gtech measures?? well because it measures the hp at the wheels. however it measures the hp by using a formula...the sensor measures the acceleration of the car. the thing is that when you measure hp, you have to do it in 2nd gear...which means that you have to go all the way to 58mph or so. then, the car accelerates slower, and one of the reasons is the air drag. that's why they say that if you compare the gtech results with a dyno, the gtech's numbers will always be lower. check this link out: G-Tech HP
the thing is that my friend has a 99 csvt, and i will make him use the gtech, and see what he does. he is all stock, but should be faster. right?
I guess the only way to see how accurate that thing is to use it on a drag strip, and then compare the Gtech's numbers with the results from the track..