Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
nope sorry, the AAS kit just doesnt fit the contour body style. Doesnt look right. Wannabe-ish.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by jitb:
it looks perfect from the front like i thought.. formt he side it does look weird tho. ehh ill think of something.

you can always glass something over the vents or mold something to make the sides look better. i agree though, they look v ery cool from the front, and a little weird from the side. but better when the whole car gets the kit.

99 V6SE Sport ATX
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
nope sorry, the AAS kit just doesnt fit the contour body style. Doesnt look right. Wannabe-ish.

thats becuz its an rs4 bumper. the front above the openings are quite flat and squarish looking. i thought when they started the kit they were going to make a brand new bumper in this style to flow with our lines but they chopped the bottom of the rs4 bumper and molded it to the top of the contour bumper. it retains all the squarishness that makes it fit well on a4's. on our cars...never been a fan. sorry. no fogs, dont think u can reuse the stock bottom cover that helps prevent water splashup either.

this is how they should've made it.

its a photoshopped kit from a taurus. concept is the same but the fake pic is night and day compared to the real thing. the photoshopped one is perfect and looks fairly natural on the car.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
J
jitb Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
^ didnt soem guy have a a4 bumper bolded to his svt bumper? or soemthin like that?

98 Black SVT (4210/6535) 93 V6 Powered Protege
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by hmouta:

this is how they should've made it.

its a photoshopped kit from a taurus. concept is the same but the fake pic is night and day compared to the real thing. the photoshopped one is perfect and looks fairly natural on the car.

Actually that's my chop. It's chopped from an audi S4 onto Spatt's car. Get yer [censored] right! And for the record it wasn't a fake, it was a design study. I chopped several bumpers while they were deciding on how the kit would look. They went with my original front, which is that picture of Spatt's car, and went with the rear pictured above. I prefered my own design for the rear, also shown on spatt's car, but I wasn't paying to have the kit made.

Memories...

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i could have sworn someone said that was from a taurus rage kit. regardless, the end result simply isnt as "clean" as the red chop that HTM did on the red car. the final front end just doesnt flow cleanly, especially from an angle as was stated above.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard