ok, now I'm really lost. I would say that it suprised me, but nothing suprises me anymore. So I went on a 1000 mile road trip this weekend from Olrando to Atlanta. got, oh, about 20 mpg with about 1 hr of rush hour traffic and constant stop and go and then 2/3 cruising at 85mph. then saw the mialge and slowed to 75 and got about 23-24 on mostly flat. I got to my destiantion (30 min NE of Atlanta) and was getting almost 26 mpg in the Georiga hills, so as the night went on it seemed to get better cause I pulled in at 11:30pm. now this is where it gets intresting. on the way back I got 23 mpg for the first half, then the gas needle stopped moving altogether!!! My milage randomly went up to at least 27-28 MPG, and I had power like never before!!! I havn't had this much power since about half a year ago before all this happened!!! I hardly touched the gas to keep it at 75, and when i put it to the floor it jsut flew (well, compared to what it used to do)!!! Since then, I think i have more power, but since its town driving I really can't compare it, and the town MPG is about back to 16-17, which is absolutley terrible!! I shift at 2000 prm or so, btw so i'm not hard on it at all. but that MPG miracle happened abut half way through the trip on the way back, like after 4 hrs I left Atlanta for ORL, and I dind't notice it the power until I accelerated from a tool booth since I had the cruise on. Again, I got in late at night taht night too. So this is my theory- it makes all logical sense to me, but with this car if you use logic you will never fix it, so I'm not sure if it is true or not. I have the IAT sensor disconnected since I fried it and a new one is on order. my GUESS is that when I disconnected the sensor it put the engine in a default mode. This default mode called for much cooler air then it got in the FL heat, so the mixture was off. once the air cooled off outside, the default was closer to what the actual temp was so the mixture was about right, therefore giving me more power and mpg. More logic behind this-my milage slowly went down over the course of a few months. I could attribute this to the IAT sensor slowly getting more dirtier as time went on, since it wasn't inside the intake but jsut sitting in the open under the hood. I know it was dirty becuase when I cleaned it, it was much brighter and jsut ovisouly more clean. So when I put the new one in when it gets here, it should, according to logic, fix the MPG problem, right?!?!?!?! Like I said, I'm weary of this becuase logic has rarley if ever worked with this piece. And hopefully I will have that power again, but if I jsut get more MPG then thats all I really car aobut becuase I'm going 3k more this summer on road trips, but will stay put if I keep getting crap gas milage. So my question: Am I close, right on, waaay off?? Please, anyone with any suggestions as to why it will jsut randomly gain power(this happened before, and I still didn't figure it out) chime in with a suggestion!!! ok, I realised that that is probally the longest post I've ever typed up so I will leave it at that and pray someone can help me out.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!