I recall an email correspondence I had with Powerflex (UK co.) some time ago about replacement poly bushings for the Mondeo which they were working on. The reply I rec'd from the technical staff at Powerflex went something like "the 2 arm bushing is one of the worst designs they had seen and poly was totally incompatible with this suspension". They went on to explain that they had tried different durometer specs for the bushings and they had all failed under test.

Now I can understand the frustration that we all have with this part as I too am about to change my front A arnms for the third time. I'm fortunate in that my cars have all been 4 bolt arms and that at long last, there is a solution on the horizon.

If you wish to know about suspension design, look at any race or high performance car suspension. Suspension pivots are on a horizontal axis, not a vertical 1. This is just a bad design and more than likely why Ford went back to the 4 bolt arms with later Cougar production.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.