Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1571377 05/16/06 01:33 PM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
I can't wait for it to stop. Its killing me, I can't work.

We managed to get in a half a day yesterday, but today looks like a complete wash.

I feel for all of you folks with water problems. The rivers around here aren't yet at crisis stage but they're getting there as the water flows down from up north.

The soil here is pretty sandy so as soon as the rain lets up for an hour or so the water soaks in.

First it was heavy rain for a week in october now almost the same thing again in May. I guess we're getting all the rain we were supposed to have in april, just that its all happening in one week.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
#1571378 05/16/06 01:55 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I have to go out and do work in the rain First up today is a 2003 Mazda Protege. Just front pads. Second will be my tour, rear brakes, new drums, wheel cylinders, brake hose, shoes, and retract springs. The wheel cylinders is leaking badly now and I can't wait. Plus all the noise from the shoes to drums coated with brake fluid. 18ft by 20ft tarp should do the trick in keeping me dry.

I pray this will stop soon, I feel for those in the areas getting hit hard, plus the flooding. Be safe, drive safe if you go out in this crap.

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
#1571379 05/16/06 06:08 PM
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Elky,

I've had my share of PITA axles. The best way besides the slide hammer method is to wedge a prybar in there and then hit the CV joint housing with a hammer to get the c-clip unstuck. If you do that and try different spots on the axle by rotating it, it will eventually pop free. I broke several pry bars just trying to use the bar by itself. My method works best with two people doing the work. One person prying and the other person tapping. Good luck.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
#1571380 05/16/06 06:10 PM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
hrrmm..
i like that idea!
i will try that when i get home.
other wise i will either just replace the boot and limp to SZ and save the new axle for when i get home, or i will pull the passenger side axle and punch the drivers side out.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
#1571381 05/17/06 12:30 AM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
this afternoon it stopped raining for a minute and I saw a little patch of blue sky hiding in the clouds. I got excited and told everyone, then it started to rain again but then a few minutes later I thought I saw shadows outside, I went out to see and it was sprinkling lightly but they sky was blue and the sun was out for just a bit until the sun set behind the trees.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard