Next Thread
Print Thread
#1569588 05/11/06 10:22 PM
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
about a month ago my neighbor backed out of his driveway and right into the side of my contour. estimates for the damage were $1700, and a couple were even higher. last week my car went into the body shop on monday. it was supposed to come out on wednesday but didnt until late friday. would have been happy to just have it back BUT, as soon as i got it home i noticed that my new drivers door was making a clicking noise when i opened it. then i noticed that they had broken the passenger window switch on the drivers door. the plastic switch just sits there loose, and does not function. then while cleaning my car the next day i noticed primer overspray on my sideskirt. if that wasnt enough, the rubber molding around my window itself is slightly out of position and noisy on the highway. had them look at it on monday and set up thursday as the day they would fix all these things. they told me it would take 2 hours. well its thursday night and they have closed. they have not finished and said it will be done sometime tomorrow. so what do i do? i think its obvious i am not a valued customer. can i tell them im taking it to another shop and will have them billed? ask for money back? what are my options and what would you do? my uncle, (a lawyer) is also a customer of theres. what are my rights? this job was supposed to take 3 days. we're going on 7. any help would be appreciated. o, and if any of you are familiar with them it is Meriden Auto Body in Meriden, CT

'98.5 Black Ford Contour SE Sport 5-speed. All the SE Sport features with all the 98features that were supposed to be decontented for 98.5 '04 Silver Toyota RAV4 L Auto. Fully loaded.
#1569589 05/11/06 11:12 PM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J

Overspray, thats just carelessness. When ever you do any painting on a car you cover the whole car becasue the overspray mist is so fine it goes everywhere.

Its possible that there is a communication problem with the shop and the "customer relations" person. Its possible that they are working on fixing your car but there are some parts that are on order and word of this never made it to the person the customers talk to.

I understand your fustration though. They told you when the work would be done and your car would be ready. That time came and your car wasn't ready. They didn't call to say there would be a delay or anything.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
#1569590 05/12/06 02:30 PM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
you double posted. I gave you a responce to your post in the general section.

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable
#1569591 05/12/06 05:33 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Jobs ALWAYS take longer than they say. ARRRGH!!!

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
#1569592 05/12/06 07:28 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Sounds like a crappy shop. Sorry to hear it. You can always complain to the better business bureau.

Doug 2006 Mercury Milan V6 Premier Dark Blue Pearl Former owner of a 2000 SVT Contour

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard