Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Brad... I'm surprised you didn't convert them to heim joints

Has anyone, other than the Mumm Bros, done this?

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Hey Scott, how's it going?

I might consider something as time & money wasting as heim joints for my own car...

This one's for a dollar conscious customer and as long as it's reasonable, I do as requested.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Bradness:
Evan: Yes I got the message from Dan. I'm willing to try your suggestion out, but attempting to get the adjustment procedure worked out so I'm certain that I'm doing all the required steps in the correct sequence. I fumbled around on the weekend without having any info. and that was a total waste of time.

Basically all I need is confirmation of which colour cable connector goes on which cable. They are supposed to be different colours aren't they?

To all the others here who've contributed valuable advice-thanks.

The white cable end goes to the outside lever on the trans. By outside, I mean the one more to the left side of the car. The black cable end goes to the other lever. That's assuming that whatever you have has the same colors as mine.

I had the best luck with trying to make the adjustment with an assistant in the car, holding the stick in the position I determined to be the proper place for neutral.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Yes the one the left side of the car is white and the right side is black. I ordered new ones and they should be in this week, hopefully I can get this resovled so I can drive my car.

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Jim: Thanks-you've confirmed that what I've been trying all along has been correct. Cables and ends were installed correctly. The black connector was jammed because it was cracked. When I attempted to release it, it broke in to a couple of pieces.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard