Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
Pre98 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Do you ever hate calling in just because you know you have to deal with their whining? Management at this job of mine knew about my new availability for 3 weeks now and they still scheduled me hours that I cant work anymore (shifting priority over to my real job) They didnt see that as a reasonable excuse, and I quote "you were with us first".

Don't get me wrong, I like working for Target: Girls My issue is being an [censored] enough to pretty much tell them "No, you scheduled wrong, I can't come in", effectively screwing them over.

Like I said, if I could work the shift I would, but they are so hard edged about their own mistakes that it'd be my fault for not showing up. Any suggestions? I don't want to burn bridges, but it would feel so damn good I am tempted to do it anyways!

Last edited by Pre98; 05/07/06 12:02 PM.
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
if you gave them prior notice of your intent to cut down on hours, and gave them a schedule of hours you can work, then you did what you needed to do, and if they scheduled you for those hours, they are retarded. bring it again to their attention about how you told them you were cutting down, and you can't work certain days/hours.

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Quit, and apply at Walmart.

96 LX 3.0L MTX - Black/Tan K&N; 12lb F/W & uprated clutch 2.5" Pipe; SVT bits; Mystery Mod; Pull-tie Mod; UN-tuned Mod; 3rd Gear Synro-Crunch Mod 280K on the Shell, and 40ish on the Motor... 1/4 mile?? Yeah, it's a fun daily driver...
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by touredon:
Quit, and apply at Walmart.

Impossible. He speaks English.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Bill you need to remember that a company doesn't want to be a second to someone else, I would expect as much from Target. I am sure they don't like the fact that you have another job, as like I said as far as they are concerned they should be it. It might be an attempt to get you in trouble so they have a reason to let you go, but who know as this has happened to my gf before when she was working two different retail jobs. it stupid no matter how you cut it

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I would agree with last post. Be nice and also firm as you don't want to burn bridges and you want to get work out of them.

Good luck!

N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
I agree with Brapple. Especially a big company like target, they dont want to be second to anyone else. If you dont show or call off the shifts you cant work, i'm sure you would be fired at either job. in that case you'd have to weigh consequences and decide which job to stick with. or try reasoning with one or the other, some managers are reasonable, so find one of your managers that will understand.

Its stupid the fact that these large companies do realize that their employees have needs. Don't want to dive into Marx, but they kind of exploit their labor force for their own gain. If it were possible to outsource retail/cashier/stock boy/truck diver jobs they would....

Best mobile phone resource site, especially Sony Ericsson 1996 Buick Riviera Gutted airbox K&N Air filter Modded boost bypass valve
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
You are worried about burning bridges at Target?? Who cares? There are many more retail jobs where that one came from...ARRRGH!!

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by BrApple:
Bill you need to remember that a company doesn't want to be a second to someone else, I would expect as much from Target. I am sure they don't like the fact that you have another job, as like I said as far as they are concerned they should be it.

However walmart is forcing there part timers to get other jobs. Alot of Walmart employees are part time during the school year, whether they are students of teachers. This year Walmart corporate isn't letting there part timers go full time during the summer months. Walmart is basically holding everyone to less than 33 hours. In return they are trying to hire more part time employees.

2002 Ford ZX2 5spd (2nd baby) Former owner of 1998 Mystique (never filled the shoes on my first love)parents traded for new sable Former owner of 1996 Mystique(My true baby )
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by FFE:
Originally posted by BrApple:
Bill you need to remember that a company doesn't want to be a second to someone else, I would expect as much from Target. I am sure they don't like the fact that you have another job, as like I said as far as they are concerned they should be it.

However walmart is forcing there part timers to get other jobs. Alot of Walmart employees are part time during the school year, whether they are students of teachers. This year Walmart corporate isn't letting there part timers go full time during the summer months. Walmart is basically holding everyone to less than 33 hours. In return they are trying to hire more part time employees.

I have seen that as a tend recently, alot of stores do not want any full time employees as when this is the case they don't have to pay for benifits and the like, mostly the managers are full time and everyone else is full time.

but that still doesn't negate the fact that a company wants an employee to themselves and not to share time with another company.

I think it is a really low move to schedule a person when they have already told them that they can't work those times ...

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard