Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Well right now I have a 1.6 P4 and that little guy has served me well for 5 years. When I got it everything I did ran beautiful. Now with firewalls, and constant virus software, and 2 messagers, Running just everyday things like word and a music player and online video, the poor thing boggs down.

Thats why I want to get a little overboard with the 3.0ghz. I know I don't need it now, but 3-4 years from now when the internet is even faster, and video is more demanding, and firewalls/virus software/windows eats more resources I want the new tower to run nicely and still be able to keep up, much like the one I have now.

And I know I don't need the SLI board. lol Its just a good board for the price. I was looking for something that has at least one PCI x16 slot(Video upgrade in 2 years). This board is cheaper because it was designed for the 6xxx SLI nvidia series. The new series is 7xxx. So mainstream wants that one. And the board has Sata 3.0 and 6 usb ports. Everything is going to sata and usb it seems so I thought it be nice to have. And when I do upgrade my old clunker of a HD I will get a Sata 3.0 drive.

From what I've seen both of these combos are about dead on each other. I've seen alot of forum fighting over overclock a p4 2.8/3.0 eats the amd 3200, and then some other guys was like no my cousin's pc is a 3200 and it beats out my friend's pc.

Its funny reading their fights. Oh and to use the 64bit windows I need to get a copy of 64bit windows from what I've read. And along with those articles they all admit the 64bit windows is buggy. So the 64bit Amd will be running at 32 bit anyway! (which was mentioned above)

Its really up in the air at this point. I do need to get the suspension on the tour fixed. I have the money to do both, Its just I need to make sure I get the money back over the summer, which is cutting it really close.

The funniest thing out of all of this though. I've been using my old laptop with a pIII 700mhz processor to do all this research. The 1.6 is sitting in my pile of stuff from school. lol I've been busy trying to organize all the stuff from my first year at college I haven't gotten around to hooking it up.

BTW a 700mhz P3 sucks. lol

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

Its funny reading their fights. Oh and to use the 64bit windows I need to get a copy of 64bit windows from what I've read. And along with those articles they all admit the 64bit windows is buggy. So the 64bit Amd will be running at 32 bit anyway! (which was mentioned above)

For another 6 months until Vista comes out. Once Vista comes out with DX10 support you'll be kicking yourself for not going 64-bit. If you're a gamer at all anyways.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I wasn't ever really into hardcore gaming. At least not hardcore gaming with extreme graphics. plus I never saw the point of being able to see super details on an enemy that dies before it reaches you anyway.

The games I play are the ones I find are more fun with gameplay then anything else.

Ex: I still setup unreal touranment (old school one) on a lan, and my friends and I just beat the crap out of each other. Its more fun the want extreme details. Also, I played DiabloII/expansion for like 4 years off and on. So I really don't go for games with the more exceptional graphic quality.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard