Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1562843 05/05/06 06:32 PM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by tsSVT:
End of may is a bad idea.School is getting out and it will be hotter than satan's balls by then.

It's only three weeks away. Next weekend is out for me. That would leave the 20th/21st if you didn't want to wait for the 27th. I'd much rather do it this month than next since you're worried about the heat.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
#1562844 05/05/06 06:58 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Originally posted by Beowulf:
My son is getting moved by his mother to Ft. Worth. My company just opened an office in Frisco. I am hoping that I can transfer down there and keep my current job.

Well good luck with that! Dallas is a great city, tons of things to do! I'd love to live there, except for the traffic. Little temper problem when it comes to embiciles! Keep us posted, and I'm sure we can scare up a mini-meet of some sort to welcome you to the area!

I have been to Dallas before.

I hated it.

I love the Clubhouse though.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#1562845 05/05/06 09:37 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I think this is why SC has such a hard time getting a meet together.It's really hard to throw a meet together for people from several differant states in the matter of 2 or 3 weeks.No offense but with the price of gas I can't afford to burn up a whole tank of gas to go to a meet with one other person.We need to try and get 3,4,or 5 people to commit to a place and then figure out a schedule.I can deal with the heat,but I just don't want to be down there with a billion other people,I've done it before and don't want to do it again.Maybe a few of the DFW guys and some of the few OK guys can put in there ideas for how to make this work.

2000 Silver SVT
#1562846 05/06/06 02:16 AM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by tsSVT:
I think this is why SC has such a hard time getting a meet together.It's really hard to throw a meet together for people from several differant states in the matter of 2 or 3 weeks.No offense but with the price of gas I can't afford to burn up a whole tank of gas to go to a meet with one other person.We need to try and get 3,4,or 5 people to commit to a place and then figure out a schedule.I can deal with the heat,but I just don't want to be down there with a billion other people,I've done it before and don't want to do it again.Maybe a few of the DFW guys and some of the few OK guys can put in there ideas for how to make this work.

I had committed, Batmobile and you both appeared to commit. That's three right there. I figured with an additional 3 weeks, we could get a few more to sign on as well. It seemed that Turner Falls was a concensus among posters. With people coming from two states, it seems to be a fairly central location, not to mention it's scenic as hell for photo ops.

In my mind, the longer you wait for the meet, the more chances that people will pull out and cancel. That's why I suggested the end of May. Since school is an issue with some, then maybe the 1st weekend of June would be better. We're not trying for something huge here, so in my mind there's no need for a 2-3 month lead time on this. Three or four weeks should be sufficient to get a few people together for some good times with the cars. I'm willing to do the legwork, setting up times, dates, locations, and gathering info regarding the locations. I just want to know that I'm not wasting my time.

I don't know, maybe I'm just being unrealistic regarding the South Central in general. It just seems a shame we can't generate cameraderie and friendships that some of the Eastern groups have.

Feel free to give me any feedback you have. I'm not trying to be bossy, critical, or petulant. I just really want to jump-start the South Central and get a little enthusiasm and life back in the group.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
#1562847 05/06/06 09:20 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I'm down for the first weekend of june.I assume this would be drive down and meet saturday,leave sunday right?The cabins aren't bad,but there would also be places to stay in davis,or camping is an option.Batmobile...http://www.turnerfallspark.com/

Last edited by tsSVT; 05/06/06 09:21 PM.

2000 Silver SVT
#1562848 05/07/06 03:35 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
sorry i havent checked this thread lately. I'd be down any weekend after the 21st, my girlfriend is leaving the country with her family that weekend so i'll be free for a whole month so either May 27th or June 3rd is fine with me.

If I do go, i'd probably just go down there saturday and come back up the same night.

Right now, i'm 90% sure that i'll definantly go, just need to know exactly what the heck we'll be doing and other information.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Let's schedule it for the first weekend in June then. June 3-4. Turner Falls, OK. I will probably camp at Turner Falls.

As far as what to do, here's what I was thinking. Having never been to a meet, my expectations of what to do at a meet are pretty limited.

Saturday
    arrive late morning or noon
    early afternoon - evening photos and scenic drive
    evening - swimming and cookout

Sunday
    morning - break down camp
    late morning - morning photos
    noon - head home

If anyone else has something to add to the to-do list, chime in. Ya'll might try PMing other SC members to see if we can get a few more people involved. I'll take a stab at some TX members.

I can make and bring some contour.org decals, and I have a South Central design on my back window. I'll see if I can scare up pics of them. If anyone would be interested, I'd need color selection, then we can install at the meet.

Give me a few days this week, and I'll research some scenic drives through the area, as well as a central meeting point.

One thing that occurred to me, should we invite the regional Cougar owners or keep it strictly CEG?

Also, once we've settled the main points, I'll post a new topic regarding the meet. Everyone good with that?

Last edited by IRingTwyce; 05/08/06 05:06 PM.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I can't go. Unfortunately I have to mow my lawn that day, I think.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
W
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
How ironic that a post that I made prompted people to plan a meet (that I won't be able to attend, btw). I feel like I've made a difference!

A Turner Falls meet sounds great! Wish I could go, but...

New House + 3 kids - No money = No Meets for Roger.

Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
One thing that occurred to me, should we invite the regional Cougar owners or keep it strictly CEG?

I think you should do whatever you can to get as many people there as you can, regardless of what they drive or what board there on, even (gasp) Non F-L-M owners! That is, assuming they're cool and into cars and you want to hang out with them.

Roger - "Old Guy" "Every car is a sports car sometime." 1999 White SE Sport V6 MTX 2005 Toyota Sienna - 8 passenger
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by GoppelDanger:
I can't go. Unfortunately I have to mow my lawn that day, I think.

The lawn can wait!! Time to help kick-start the SC.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard