Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by RogerB:
Originally posted by JReebs96sport:
Originally posted by Nick98CSVT:
Damn this is going to cost alot.

Everyone seems to love his transmissions, but yeah it can cost a bundle! You can pick up a low mileage 3L for $500! But it costs $2000 for the trans you already have to be upgraded! That is obviously because the parts for it are so expensive. Terry's labor charge doesn't seem to bad, especially since he knows these trans better than almost anyone else!

Less than $2k for a TH-built tranny is a steal. You can pay that and more for a "stock" unit that will have the same weaknesses as the one you're replacing.

I agree that under $2k is a steal.... I was just saying that anything transmission is usually expensive. I lightly used stock trans can run you around what TH's built trans cost... so yes it is a great deal... but also ... a lightly used 3L is around $500 for the whole engine!

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
#1561802 05/02/06 06:14 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Everyone seems to love his transmissions, but yeah it can cost a bundle! You can pick up a low mileage 3L for $500! But it costs $2000 for the trans you already have to be upgraded! That is obviously because the parts for it are so expensive. Terry's labor charge doesn't seem to bad, especially since he knows these trans better than almost anyone else!

Less than $2k for a TH-built tranny is a steal. You can pay that and more for a "stock" unit that will have the same weaknesses as the one you're replacing.

I agree that under $2k is a steal.... I was just saying that anything transmission is usually expensive. I lightly used stock trans can run you around what TH's built trans cost... so yes it is a great deal... but also ... a lightly used 3L is around $500 for the whole engine!

Yes, but I think a properly built 3.0 will run you much higher. $500 will get you an unprepped, used long block with stock internals.

Still, I think you have a good point. We'd like to put it all in the engine, cause that's the sexy thing, but the tranny has to be able to take it. We want to make our house bigger, but before we do, we have to beef up the foundation.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
#1561803 05/03/06 12:13 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

Yes, but I think a properly built 3.0 will run you much higher. $500 will get you an unprepped, used long block with stock internals.

Still, I think you have a good point. We'd like to put it all in the engine, cause that's the sexy thing, but the tranny has to be able to take it. We want to make our house bigger, but before we do, we have to beef up the foundation.

500$ gets you the motor...you'll need another 500 just to get it running untuned. My 3L with tuning is like 1600.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#1561804 05/03/06 03:58 AM
R
Reebs Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

500$ gets you the motor...you'll need another 500 just to get it running untuned. My 3L with tuning is like 1600.

I know that Pete! My point must have not come across clear!

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
#1561805 05/03/06 03:47 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

Oh, GO FOR IT!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#1561806 05/07/06 12:21 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T

Oh, GO FOR IT!

Woooo Wooooo longest quote post ever

I'm thinkin' his trans is a helluva deal.When the dealership rebuilt my trans it was like $1900.Luckily I had warranty so it only cost $100.

2000 Silver SVT
#1561807 05/07/06 05:26 AM
R
Reebs Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by tsSVT:

Oh, GO FOR IT!

I'm thinkin' his trans is a helluva deal.When the dealership rebuilt my trans it was like $1900.Luckily I had warranty so it only cost $100.

Corrected... now this is the longest quote post ever!

#1561808 05/07/06 07:01 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by tsSVT:

Oh, GO FOR IT!

Corrected... now this is the longest quote post ever!

+1

#1561809 05/09/06 08:10 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Aight...well getting back on track...cough... What is the BAT euro trans and how much did it cost? I am guessing it is a mondeo tranny possibly...but for clarification reasons, I thought I would ask.

98 Silver Frost CSVT #415 of 6535 Born on 4/23/97 Weapon R Intake B&M Short-Throw Shifter Panasonic CQ-C9901U Head Unit Indiglo Gauges from StreetRacerParts.com {PM me if you want a pair of Pre-98 Sail Panels}
#1561810 05/10/06 03:06 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Check it out at www.batinc.net

Follow to Contour and then to the "specials" bubble on the side.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard