Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
To change from Control Alt Delete on XP to regular boot...

Goto Control Panel, then Administrative Tools, Then Local Security Policy

(Note you need Admin privilages)

On local security policies, click Local Policies, then Security Options.

Find: Interactive Login: Do Not require CTRL+ALT+DEL. Double click that, and select Enabled.

Reboot PC.

For normal multiuse, go back to Control panel, then User Accounts. On the mainscreen, select "Change the way users log on or off"
Then select "USe the welcome screen" and then you can enable fast switching too

Now to bypass admin password - I believe their is a method with a Windows XP CD and the recovery console...

This works too http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

Last edited by TaurusKev; 04/30/06 09:54 PM.

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
1st
Try booting in to Safe Mode, type in administrator as user, Password leave empty. Many people leave this password blank. From the Administrator control pannel you can reset passwords of users

2nd
if that didn't work. Find a way to "Obtain" a copy of Passware, you know were to look. With this there is a program to make a boot disk that will wipe all passwords.

2002 Ford ZX2 5spd (2nd baby) Former owner of 1998 Mystique (never filled the shoes on my first love)parents traded for new sable Former owner of 1996 Mystique(My true baby )
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by FFE:
1st
Try booting in to Safe Mode, type in administrator as user, Password leave empty. Many people leave this password blank. From the Administrator control pannel you can reset passwords of users

Oh yeah... Muhaha! I love clueless computer users!

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Well I tried and downloaded a few of those programs on to disks but the problem is, is when I put the disk in when the ctrl,alt,del page is on the disk wont do anything except spin.....It wont load or ask what I want to do with the disk......any help on how to get the disk to load without auctually being logged in? -Stu

Previous Owner of: 1998 CSVT Black # 2923/6535 Born: 08/12/97 http://community.webshots.com/user/svtcontoursvt
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by SVTcontourSVT:
Well I tried and downloaded a few of those programs on to disks but the problem is, is when I put the disk in when the ctrl,alt,del page is on the disk wont do anything except spin.....It wont load or ask what I want to do with the disk......any help on how to get the disk to load without auctually being logged in? -Stu

Those are bootable disks. You don't boot to the hard drive. Boot to the disks.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard