#1560820 05/01/06 10:31 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by DanMyers:
Originally posted by jd28:
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
yea but heres the weird part, the grinding noise doesnt come from the wheel, it comes from the center. Almost feels like somthing not alligned and its a metal to metal grind..

im soo lost, and the vibrations now, i dont understand whats causing those..

The vibrations happen also when going in a staight line? Jack up one wheel, throw the ebrake, put it indrive and listen to the wheel as it spins (dont' give it any gas, ever) then do the other side to see if you can hear a difference. From one side to the other. I'm thinking bearing now myself. How far from RI r you lol I want to check this out

Manuals have a Drive gear?!?! You learn something new every day!

Opps, I'm soo used to ATX lol

Last edited by jd28; 05/01/06 10:33 PM.

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
#1560821 05/01/06 10:52 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Turn your wheel right, block off the passenger wheel up front with chocks or bricks. Do the same to the rear, throw the ebrake, bring up the driver wheel off the ground. Place jack stand in there. Have helper start car, being ready for anything to happen (which shouldn't unless you have front posi in your MTX or ATX or whatever you have lol) you should be able to come off the clutch and get that wheel to spin. Take a paper towel roll or long card board tube to use it to listen (so you don't have to get your ear too close to any moving parts) have safty glasses on because the wheel will fling dirt and so on. I know you can do this to ATX, I don't know about MTX so if I'm wrong someone please say don't do that! Hope this helps or works. I've only did it once to a ATX but it told me which side it was.

Jeremy

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
#1560822 05/01/06 11:44 PM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
figured out both of goonzerinos problems.
when he did his lower control arms he did the cut and upside down bolt method.
but he reused one of the original big bolts and it was hitting the tranny case!
but we noticed the new bolts were shorter, so we replaced it with a shorter bolt and tightened teh motor mount with the motor as high in them as it would go.
no more tranny hitting.

as for the vibration, spinning his wheel showed us the 1/2" deflection in his axle.
time for a new one!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
#1560823 05/01/06 11:52 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
So basically he used the wrong bolt for the wrong hole? If I understood it correctly.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
#1560824 05/02/06 01:44 AM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
So basically he used the wrong bolt for the wrong hole? If I understood it correctly.

no you didnt understand correctly..I put the bolt upside down but at that time I had the pole mount so the engine and tranny were stiff and no hitting at that time. However upon putting in OEM mounts, the softer compound made the motor settle in a litte more thus allowing the tranny to hit the bolt tip..also we noticed the same bolt but newer one was a little shorter in length so we threw that in and now its perfect..

but yea time for a new axle..

#1560825 05/02/06 02:00 AM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by ElKy:
figured out both of goonzerinos problems.
when he did his lower control arms he did the cut and upside down bolt method.
but he reused one of the original big bolts and it was hitting the tranny case!
but we noticed the new bolts were shorter, so we replaced it with a shorter bolt and tightened teh motor mount with the motor as high in them as it would go.
no more tranny hitting.

as for the vibration, spinning his wheel showed us the 1/2" deflection in his axle.
time for a new one!

Sweetness! Great to hear you guys nailed it!

#1560826 05/02/06 11:44 AM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

from what i have heard goonzerbio has a problem with the wrong hole..not usually the wrong bolt...

but yeah as he said, the new bolt was slightly shorter than the old.

no real harm was done, the bolt chipped a little bit off of one of the ribs on the tranny, but there was no cracking of the case or anything.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard