Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:
I drove around for about 10 minutes and I noticed that my boost gauge was reading that it was getting near 14 psi on the low setting, where before it read 10. I turned the EBC all the way down to be on the safe side.

I was driving around in 1st and 2nd to keep it rev'ing fairly high to really heat up the exhaust to burn the oil off. I am now shooting the front valve cover vent line off under boost Think that's a bad PCV setup, or worse?

If the compression test was consistent and you didn't have any issues running the test then don't worry about the cylinders. Oil consumption will be the only other way to check.

IF you have a bad PCV that doesn't seal reasonably well then you WILL pressurize the crank case under boost and blow lines off.
IF you are trying to draw air into the valve cover vents from AFTER the turbo then it will be under boost and will also pressurize the crankcase. That is bad. Atmospheric vent will be okay for full throttle but bad for driveability.

You must have a sealing PCV valve with a stock size weight/spring.
You must have the crankcase connected to a vent source that is not pressurized. You should have it drawing in air right after the air is counted by the maf. IF you have a blow-through maf then you won't be able to do it right and you will have to use atmospheric vent which will cause other issues. THen you will have to compensate for extra uncounted air going into the engine at idle and do it by hand.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black