Print Thread
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I will take a bunch tomorrow before I install it, and after. I will also show the pics of how the downpipe used to run.

I'm looking forward to hear my wastegate vent to atmosphere for the first time

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I will take a bunch tomorrow before I install it, and after. I will also show the pics of how the downpipe used to run.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:

It'll be cool, and not too loud...or not as loud as people think.
I can't wait till you get back on the road, finish tuning and dyno at 12psi.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Once it warmed up, it started to smoke again. I guess that could easily mean that it's burning off the oil in the exhaust system (there is/was a fair amount). I have to get more fuel and let it run tomorrow for a while in hopes the oil burns off.

Stilov has his PCV ran dirrectly to the intake. I have mine ran inbetween the MAF and turbo. I still have the lightning PCV with the contour top, but I want toe pick up a new Contour PCV. Anymore opinions on an optimal PCV routing?

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
To give an idea of how much freakin oil had been pumped into my exhaust system, my car has been up on jack stands for 3 days. There are 3 TINY pin holes in the cat-back and there are bread plate sized puddles of oil under them

I can only imagine how long it is going to take to burn off all of that damn oil

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I drove around for about 10 minutes and I noticed that my boost gauge was reading that it was getting near 14 psi on the low setting, where before it read 10. I turned the EBC all the way down to be on the safe side.

I was driving around in 1st and 2nd to keep it rev'ing fairly high to really heat up the exhaust to burn the oil off. I am now shooting the front valve cover vent line off under boost Think that's a bad PCV setup, or worse?

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
If it weren�t for your good compression numbers, I'd suspect there might be more to this than a turbo gasket. Is it possible there�s a problem with your rings or cylinder walls that the compression test didn�t indicate?

Just to say it, I'm really sorry to read you�re still having problems with this - you deserve some good luck by now.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
To give an idea of how much freakin oil had been pumped into my exhaust system, my car has been up on jack stands for 3 days. There are 3 TINY pin holes in the cat-back and there are bread plate sized puddles of oil under them

I can only imagine how long it is going to take to burn off all of that damn oil

It won't do it at idle....It'll take a week! lol
You need to get out to a back road, engine on low boost and just run the heck out of it to get everything hot and burn it out. It can take a while with less oil so I can only imagine your situation.

Far as the PCV system, valve cover vents drawing air right after it is counted by the maf but before the turbo inlet. PCV feeding into the intake After the throttlebody plate. Same system as stock. Just a good stock contour pcv valve seals well enough if the engine is healthy. Use hose clamps on those hoses if they aren't tight fitting.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I drove around for about 10 minutes and I noticed that my boost gauge was reading that it was getting near 14 psi on the low setting, where before it read 10. I turned the EBC all the way down to be on the safe side.

I was driving around in 1st and 2nd to keep it rev'ing fairly high to really heat up the exhaust to burn the oil off. I am now shooting the front valve cover vent line off under boost Think that's a bad PCV setup, or worse?

If the compression test was consistent and you didn't have any issues running the test then don't worry about the cylinders. Oil consumption will be the only other way to check.

IF you have a bad PCV that doesn't seal reasonably well then you WILL pressurize the crank case under boost and blow lines off.
IF you are trying to draw air into the valve cover vents from AFTER the turbo then it will be under boost and will also pressurize the crankcase. That is bad. Atmospheric vent will be okay for full throttle but bad for driveability.

You must have a sealing PCV valve with a stock size weight/spring.
You must have the crankcase connected to a vent source that is not pressurized. You should have it drawing in air right after the air is counted by the maf. IF you have a blow-through maf then you won't be able to do it right and you will have to use atmospheric vent which will cause other issues. THen you will have to compensate for extra uncounted air going into the engine at idle and do it by hand.

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
As of right now, I have 2 nipples on my intake pipe (inbetween the turbo compressor inlet and MAF: draw-thru) and the PCV has one, the valve cover vents have the other. Both systems have their own oil seperator.

I know my POS "Lightning" (generic F-series, non-sealing metal POS) is not sealing much, if at all. I am going to get a motorcraft plastic Contour spec PCV that seals as a next step and reroute the PCV into the intake manifold rather than it's currant tap.

No oil consumption at all, and no oil in the oil seportators.

Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard