Well take it easy and don't rush to conclusions yet. It only takes a little bit of oil in the cylinder to make a hell of a lot of smoke. You should also have funny noises from the engine if the rings are cracked, a higher pitch tapping noise than say a rod knock; something between that and say lifter noise and it wouldn't sound natural. I'm sure if you heard it you'd know and then have mentioned it.

If the pcv system blew off then you have all that oil to burn off. Also, without the vacuum on the pcv, any blow-by would be pushing oil back down the lines into the fresh air intake point. You have to pull your intake tube off the compressor and see if you have any oil pooled in it. Next, pull of the discharge tube and clean that too.

If your oil feed line to the turbo is too big or does not have a small enough restrictor then you will get this problem.
If the oil doesn't drain out of the bearing housing then you will also get this problem.

Of course, checking compression never hurts either.

**EDIT***

Oh yeah, you guys really need to get on board the solid oil return line system that I made. I made one for one of the Cougar guys too. Once you figure out your angles and lengths on the pipes you will never have another issue, no leaks and no rotting/cracking.
Less than $10 for copper tubing and elbows and of course a propane torch, solder and flux.

Last edited by warmonger; 04/22/06 12:24 PM.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black