Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#1553784 04/21/06 02:33 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Is the NVH only bad at idle? My dad and I put a transmission brace w/soild rubber mount on his A4 and the NVH isnt bad, but its noticable at idle, but only at idle.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
#1553785 04/21/06 04:05 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I just drove from East Lansing to Grand Rapids. Scott (biggsvT28) was with me and he felt the steering wheel and the NVH is minimal at best. Granted I believe I installed mine correctly. That is after I installed my motor and drove it around some...I loosened up the bolts on each one, and set the car down and turned it on to let it idle for a moment. Just to get the engine straight. I then jacked it back up and tightened it all up.

Seriously guys, my dads brand new accord has more NVH on the steering wheel than my contour.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#1553786 04/21/06 04:28 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Is the NVH only bad at idle? My dad and I put a transmission brace w/soild rubber mount on his A4 and the NVH isnt bad, but its noticable at idle, but only at idle.

Mine is only noticeable at idle, and that is only because my car has been idling low lately. If I bring the idle to wear it should actually be, there is no vibration at all. Feels like stock with just a hint more vibration.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Stazi:
You must've intaled them preloaded for it to be that bad - but then agian you have shown on numerous occasions how much of a puss you are. LOL

We'll harden you into a man at SZ....nothing a teabagging and soapblock filled sock won't cure!

I did not install them. The shop that did my headers did it. When I saw him do it, the car was on a drive on lift and a loong jack supporting the motor or tranny (cant remember straight)

what is the correct methood of installing? and having it installed the wrong way, will it effect my car badly?

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
That method is ok... but you might want to loosen the front and rear mount through bolts and see if the engine "settles".

For me... I get minimal NVH as long as the rear mount through bolt is at the top of the mount tube. If I start getting some decent NVH, I loosen the rear bolt and the rear of the engine usually drops... or else I have to pry it back down. I'm not sure if this is "normal", but this is how my car is. The minimal NVH is felt through the steering wheel... nothing rattles from it.

My front mount is solid 94a as well... so is it possible that untouched front mounts, or ES inserts don't balance out the resistence? I thought I read here, years ago, that if the rear mount is filled then the front should be too, or the front mount might get trashed.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
goonz whenever you want them out, just let me know.
or if you want we can try to 'relax' them first to see if you really want to get rid of them.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by ElKy da Stalker:
or if you want we can try to 'relax' them first to see if you really want to get rid of them.

no, i want them out NOW..lol

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

U R GH3Y!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
having a very stiff ride isnt for everyone so goonz its ok that u want them out especially since im buying them soon and then i will have the mounts i want and u wont be out the money for something you arent even using

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

U R GH3Y!

okay stazi

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard