Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Obviously you weren't talking to me, but there's no problem with wanting stock mounts. Wheelhop is a bit annoying, but if you don't race the car, I don't think the NVH is worth it. You're not a wimp if you like a comfortable, quiet car. Many of us prefer to sacrifice comfort for performance, but not everyone will see the benifit of the poly-filled RR.

Again, I have one and I like it. It's worth it for me: but I probably have the least comfortable 'tour on here that's still a DD. And if I could get rid of wheelhop without the NVH, I would. I'm just sick of people raving about the roll resistors as being amazing, when they're replacing air, not stock rubber. The NVH is bad enough that I would certainly get stock mounts for any car where the wheelhop isn't an issue, despite the shorter lifespan.

I beg to differ! I have both the front and rear mounts. Which actually has less vibration than the rear poly mount alone. I also have konis and GC's. A spec stage 2 with fidanza. I love my car, but most people who get into my car think the damn thing is a race car. I have more rattles than I can keep track of...it seriously makes things easier. WTF was that!? Oh wait WTF was that other noise?! I just give up.

The only thing I can see being a prob with this mod is that I may snap axles now.

One more point, wtf are you talking about just replacing air?!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!