Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
It comes down to what compromises you can accept for your car to drag well. Maybe these are a benefit for other racing also.

If you never want to run your car like that, you do NOT need these. And you likely won't need a Quaife or Torsen either.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
I'm just sick of people raving about the roll resistors as being amazing, when they're replacing air, not stock rubber.

What are you saying here, i don't follow?

Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
I never knew my engine would be as stiff as it is now. EVERYTHING in my car rattles and Im almost fed up.

Like i said, i've had this complaint from a select fiew people, and i'm investigating a possible cause.....could it be that the engines vibration is being worsened by your missfire? I don't know, what i do know is that some have issues while others dont, and i think(have not confirmed yet) that positioning of the motor is the root cause.

Originally posted by PDXSVT:
If you never want to run your car like that, you do NOT need these. And you likely won't need a Quaife or Torsen either.

And i have turned away potential customers for that very reason. I'm not doing this to make money...and i don't. I'm not going to sell something to someone that doesn't need it's benifits, and i'm always more than happy to accept returns if they're unhappy with the resulting NVH.

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by pole120:

Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
I never knew my engine would be as stiff as it is now. EVERYTHING in my car rattles and Im almost fed up.

Like i said, i've had this complaint from a select fiew people, and i'm investigating a possible cause.....could it be that the engines vibration is being worsened by your missfire? I don't know, what i do know is that some have issues while others dont, and i think(have not confirmed yet) that positioning of the motor is the root cause.

it was like that before the missfire..Im sure the headers are causing it because with oem ones with the headers, the vibration was almost perfect, now with the new mounts its almost unbearable..there not for me i guess..

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Obviously you weren't talking to me, but there's no problem with wanting stock mounts. Wheelhop is a bit annoying, but if you don't race the car, I don't think the NVH is worth it. You're not a wimp if you like a comfortable, quiet car. Many of us prefer to sacrifice comfort for performance, but not everyone will see the benifit of the poly-filled RR.

Again, I have one and I like it. It's worth it for me: but I probably have the least comfortable 'tour on here that's still a DD. And if I could get rid of wheelhop without the NVH, I would. I'm just sick of people raving about the roll resistors as being amazing, when they're replacing air, not stock rubber. The NVH is bad enough that I would certainly get stock mounts for any car where the wheelhop isn't an issue, despite the shorter lifespan.

I beg to differ! I have both the front and rear mounts. Which actually has less vibration than the rear poly mount alone. I also have konis and GC's. A spec stage 2 with fidanza. I love my car, but most people who get into my car think the damn thing is a race car. I have more rattles than I can keep track of...it seriously makes things easier. WTF was that!? Oh wait WTF was that other noise?! I just give up.

The only thing I can see being a prob with this mod is that I may snap axles now.

One more point, wtf are you talking about just replacing air?!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
goonie..come back to my house and i will take them out for you.

as payment i want your rear filled mount!
hehe

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by ElKy da Stalker:
goonie..come back to my house and i will take them out for you.

as payment i want your rear filled mount!
hehe

if you'll swap out both of them, then agreed

let me know ASAP

New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
too late on goonzs mounts unless he changes his mind im going to buy them off of him

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You must've intaled them preloaded for it to be that bad - but then agian you have shown on numerous occasions how much of a puss you are. LOL

We'll harden you into a man at SZ....nothing a teabagging and soapblock filled sock won't cure!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Stazi:
You must've intaled them preloaded for it to be that bad

What do you mean installed them preloaded?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
THe motor was tweaked so that with both mounts installed in that position they fight each other trying to hold the motor. That extra compression on eahc mount makes them transmit more NVH due to the corresponding increase in the density of the compressed poly.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard