Now why does this not suprise me? This logic is just amazing. It's okay to recommend a fluid change for newly coated parts because they will produce a particulate that actually colors the fluid gray? Because the coating is gray? Well that isn't exactly a break-in, but it isn't exactly "not a break-in" either now is it?
But I'm fine with that because I agree that I wouldn't want those particles floating in the fluid forever.

However. How is that ANY different then recommending that the there should be a fluid change after a new Torsen unit is put into an MTX75? Why is it all different when we talk about putting in a Torsen, which is coated black on all the metal parts to prevent corrosion (like rifle blueing) I might add, and having the metal parts inside it that experience metal to metal contact wear off the black coating and consequently darken the oil. With black particles I might add?
Maybe when I said that black oily film in that trans was caused by the break-in of the T2 diff it will be better understood through the comparison with those gray-coated transmissions.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black