Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
and here's the Volvo PG just SE of that. Newer photo, so it's clarity is much better.

Volvo PG

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by morbid:
Nope... your "A" is APG. Zoom in and check the streets... it's off 307th ave and Patton.

Not sure what that "B" is... but it's really far. It's probably just a regional track or a super double top secret automotive proving ground.

no no no Morbid. According to APG, site B is APG. Don't know what site A is yet, but I am trying to find out cause it's close to me. Just can't figure out how to get there yet, but I am working on it.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Doh! Looking at the map, the address I stated still seems right (30700 W Patton Rd), but you're right that it's not APG. I just googled that address + arizona, and a bunch of "Toyota Arizona Proving Ground" and "Toyota Technical Center" links came up.

I'm guessing it's Toyota's but it would be cool if you can see!

It looks like you could take Grand Ave to Patton Rd. Take Patton west all the way over to 307th Ave. Go north to Peak View Rd. Then go west on Peak View and it looks like it turns into the facilities entrance.

edit: found this too...
Quote:

Taisei Corporation, Japan�s largest construction firm, completed the Toyota Proving Ground test track in Arizona in 1993

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Hey Morbid, yeah, that's what I thought too, so I did, and it didn't work. I was still on Patton and it ended. I even drove about 2 miles on gravel just to see, but that didn't work. Ended in someone's yard, so I found another way by going west on I-10, taking Wickenburg Rd I think it is up to the area just above the track and coming down that way. I am going to do that tomorrow after I drop my son at school. So I will let you all know then.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Ok, I've completely given up on finding a way to that track. It's annoying. I went this other way yesterday, and those roads led me off into some dusty, dirty, bumpy desert roads with no street signs, nothing. I didn't want to get lost, so I turned around and left.
I DID manage to take a nice drive through the mountains though. I took S. Vulture Mine Rd all the way to Hwy 60, and back to Surprise. It was great.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
So, what the hell? How is anyone supposed to get to this track? And if it's unaccesible from ground, what good is it?

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
So, what the hell? How is anyone supposed to get to this track? And if it's unaccesible from ground, what good is it?

Good question. I don't know if anyone can figure out another way to get in there or what. Maybe they fly in there? It's big enough....shoot, it's bigger than the Air Force base here. If we can land tankers and cargo planes here, they can definately land something there too.

Maybe there IS a way, we just haven't found it yet. I don't know honestly. There was NO way I was going in further in the dirt roads, not knowing where I was going at all. Crazy.

Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Well thanks for the effort! Now this just makes me wonder even more what it is!

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Thanks for trying Renee! If you google their address, most of the links come up for their airstrip permit... though I'd think the local workers would need a road way in.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
We need a pack of jeeps, strapped with GPS units. Then we can just drive right through the desert and sneek right up under their noses....

Keith P. Killed in action-4/27/06 '99 CSVT #2369/2760-7/28/99 New Recruit- 1998 EO CSVT # soon to come Black 106,xxx
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard