Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Me ted:
but i also just noticed that the TPS brian shows is an F5RF and he lists a part number of F5RZ.

so maybe the F5RF is the SE and the F5RZ is the SVT?

I will double check when I get home but I typed in the number off of the box, which was a new Ford Part that I ordered from Bill, he gave me this part number when I said I was putting a SVT tb on my 99 SE: F5RZ-9B989-BA

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
but i also just noticed that the TPS brian shows is an F5RF and he lists a part number of F5RZ.

Whoops, I was going off of memory. I'm at work, and don't have the part or box in front of me.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BrApple:

I will double check when I get home but I typed in the number off of the box, which was a new Ford Part that I ordered from Bill, he gave me this part number when I said I was putting a SVT tb on my 99 SE: F5RZ-9B989-BA

I ran 3 different combos of the part number, and the only one that shows up valid is F5RZ-9B989-BA. All others show as invalid part number.

Maybe Bill J. will chime in about this and help us out.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
how can that be the SVT TPS if brian just showed that it was the SE TPS?
if goonz had a brand new one for an SE and put it on an SVT it would break as soon as you opened the throttle.

when i took mine off, it was broken, thankfully I had my old one to put in..

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
how long was it on before it broke?
or when you put it on, did it not solve your problem?

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
how long was it on before it broke?
or when you put it on, did it not solve your problem?

well with putting a SE tps on a SVT tb it will not break, it will give you a P1120 when you step on the gas right off the bat

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
i forget who it was, but someone put the wrong TPS on a car at one of the meets in andover and as soon as they stepped on the accelerator it snapped the TPS because it was turning it in the wrong direction.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i forget who it was, but someone put the wrong TPS on a car at one of the meets in andover and as soon as they stepped on the accelerator it snapped the TPS because it was turning it in the wrong direction.

that was just about everyone the optimized their tb that day except you, it was indexed wrong and it snapped the first time you step on the gas, Tayner, Wontgrowup and maybe someone else also

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
is that what it was?
i dont rememebr i was eating alot of pineapple that day...

B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
is that what it was?
i dont rememebr i was eating alot of pineapple that day...

as I recall, Jay had no issues with his, and he got yours done without installing the tps wrong, everyone else wasn't so lucky

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard