You can't see a difference between the two (carn v. syn) on headlights so why put the clearly weaker product on them?

Yes, treat your wheels like your paint, but there is no question you put synthetic sealant on them - not carnauba. You can't see a difference between the two on wheels so why put the clearly weaker product on them? Hit them headlights, wheels, glass with a nice sealant and get the maximum durability factor.

"Layering" carnaubas is debated, but most agree that it's not the optimal thing to do. It is commonly known that anything more than 2-3 layers in a given amount of time (about a month) is more than sufficient. Anything more and you are wasting time and money. I've also read a few articles stating that too many layers of carnuaba is counter productive. The common misconception is that "more is better", which is not the case - at all. There have even been some tests conducted to prove carnauba does not layer.

As for the GTO, I work two jobs 60-65 hours a week and just started detailing on the side. The dealership "detailer" swirled the hell out of it and caked every crevice with wax. I have had no time to do anything other than clean out all the caked up wax, clay it and wax the hood and roof to test synthetic vs carnauba. After about 7 1/2 weeks, the carnauba is starting to go and the synthetic is still holding strong. Unfortunately, my car wont be looking anything close to what I want it to.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq