Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by SQLSVT:
The new version of Reflections which was introduced last year to be more durable and have a better appearance is a synthetic liquid polymer with mild cleaners. Reflections Top Coat is a hybrid polymer/carnauba without any cleaners or polish. It is not softer than a carnauba so I feel that while it's durability is not up to par with Zaino it is better than what you are giving it credit for.

And like every product I have tested, it will get the same true long-term testing.

Originally posted by SQLSVT:
And ohhh yeah, how are we going to wash your hood if we don't have a hose? If you would approve I could use Poorboy's Spray & Wipe on it, but that is totally up to you in that I don't want to feel that I am marring your finish.

PB S&W is perfectly fine. It'll need a wash after a 10+ hours drive!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
jesus, enough of this just get a room and touch each other!

I'm sure you would enjoy that!!

I'm bringing someone to take care of that anyways!

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
For the record Pete, my SVT would be the 2nd vehicle. Both my SVT and Scott's SVT are model year 2000, with black paint and in great shape. They might not be EXACT, but it's a close comparison.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Will the wax off include Chineseman coaching Pete & Roger, Mr Miyagi style?

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Pete, I completely disagree with you about these caranubas and dust, its non-exsistant with Pinnalce and my S100, seriously! I also disagree about where you can apply caranuba as I always apply caranuba to my glass w/o a problem, as well as my headlights/tailights and wheels. Now I do completely agree about the layering of acrylics/syns, this is where Klasse SG not only "shines", but really kicks ass

Now onto the time involved with detailing half a car. If you think about it, it shouldn't take that long, so whomever does the second car, don't worry, its not going to take that long I should be able to clay, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG and caranuba half a car in about an hour and half. Let the games begin

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Pete, I completely disagree with you about these caranubas and dust, its non-exsistant with Pinnalce and my S100, seriously! I also disagree about where you can apply caranuba as I always apply caranuba to my glass w/o a problem, as well as my headlights/tailights and wheels.

Not saying all carnaubas dust - most do at varying degrees. Synthetics do not.

Carnauba on headlights is a no-no.
Carnauba on wheels? Mmm...completely disagree with that one, too.

Carnuaba also attracts dusts whereas synthetics do not.

Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Now onto the time involved with detailing half a car. If you think about it, it shouldn't take that long, so whomever does the second car, don't worry, its not going to take that long I should be able to clay, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG and caranuba half a car in about an hour and half. Let the games begin

My first SZ and dricing 600+ miles, I prefer to detail one half and then mingle/check out rides rather than detail another half.

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I've never had a problem waxing w/ caranubas on windows and headlight/tailights, I do this to my own as well as my customers rides. As far as wheels go, well, if they're painted they should be taken care of like your paint

I understand you not wanting to spend all day detailing Pete, I don't either, but we'll be done in time to check out all the rides BTW, how many coats do you have on the GTO now? I've had my car alot longer than you, but I'm up to 46 and I haven't had the car one year yet, that will be in 4 days I mention this because someone mentioned the layering and I must say this, layering RULES

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Why do you need 46 'layers' of wax?

Ryan Trollin!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
You don't know me too well, do you Noone needs that much, but over time it does wear down a bit and besides, with todays protectants, its so easy to apply that it becomes second nature. Included in that total is about 4 clay barring too, not really a coat, but very necessary My car will be at SZ and not to brag, but the finish is amazingly wet, unbelievable

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
You can't see a difference between the two (carn v. syn) on headlights so why put the clearly weaker product on them?

Yes, treat your wheels like your paint, but there is no question you put synthetic sealant on them - not carnauba. You can't see a difference between the two on wheels so why put the clearly weaker product on them? Hit them headlights, wheels, glass with a nice sealant and get the maximum durability factor.

"Layering" carnaubas is debated, but most agree that it's not the optimal thing to do. It is commonly known that anything more than 2-3 layers in a given amount of time (about a month) is more than sufficient. Anything more and you are wasting time and money. I've also read a few articles stating that too many layers of carnuaba is counter productive. The common misconception is that "more is better", which is not the case - at all. There have even been some tests conducted to prove carnauba does not layer.

As for the GTO, I work two jobs 60-65 hours a week and just started detailing on the side. The dealership "detailer" swirled the hell out of it and caked every crevice with wax. I have had no time to do anything other than clean out all the caked up wax, clay it and wax the hood and roof to test synthetic vs carnauba. After about 7 1/2 weeks, the carnauba is starting to go and the synthetic is still holding strong. Unfortunately, my car wont be looking anything close to what I want it to.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard