Originally posted by SQLSVT:
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
Regardless, you are not leaving SZ without providing a full detail of half my hood.

A full detail?

That would entail washing, claying, and assuming that your car is in excellent shape only having to polish once with a PC and a white LC polishing pad. Then I would have to apply Reflections Wax and Reflections Top Coat. Are you sure that you can afford all of this?

Yeah like I already told you before I will take your offer and detail 1/2 of your hood. I was offering to you that we could do it together so that you can experience the ease of use of Reflections, and maybe I will even let you buff off the wax with my ultra-cool cobra microfibers

All I am asking from you though Pete is that you respect me and appreciate what I am doing for you. I hope that you want me to detail your car for the right reasons and that you aren't using this as an opportunity to say, "Hey look SQL doesn't know what he is talking about---Reflections sucks because it doesn't last as long as Zaino." I understand that Zaino is more durable than Reflections, but I feel that there is more to judging a product than durability.

I have no doubts that Mother's is easy to use - I've read nothing but positive things about that and it's immediate results. The fact that it's softer than a carnauba, which means it doesn't last as long is it's real weakness. If that's the case, then I'd rather use Natty's blue to finish off.

On a light colored car, nothing but a synthetic should be used. No carnauba should touch it. No reason. Almost identical appearance, so go with what clearly lasts longer. On a dark colored car, carnauba depending on environment. Using a carnauba in Arizona is pure stupidity. Dark colored, garage kept, not hot environment, non-daily driver? Hands down a nice carnauba. I could go on and on with examples.

By allowing you to even wash my car is demonstrating a lot of trust. Letting you wax it? That should tell you something.

I currently have over 200 bottles of various detailing products. What does that tell you about my desire to try different products?

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq