Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Steve, I dont think you're goign to want to be stuck detailing a car all day. I know when im going in for the kill, it takes me a good chunk of time.

I applaud pete and roger for taking the time to do it. Pete... make me want to be a zaino man :P ive been battling a buddy on this exact argument, so im interested in the results!

Yeah, I would prefer to relax, migle and enjoy everyone's rides, but I love to detail. It will be time consuming, but it will be a good chance to get to meet and know Roger. (I hope )

I have almost conceded initial appearance. Carnauba will give a deeper look.

Here's a quick comparison of carnauba vs a syn like Zaino:

Durability:
The more a carnuaba'd car is exposed to the elements (sun, rain, etc) and everytime you wash it, it gets thinner and weaker. A syn doesn't have that issue.

Shine:
Carnaubas enhance the color, syns provide clarity to show the true color of your paint. The difference between carnauba and syn on a light colored car is almost non-existent.

Ease of use:
1. Carnauba is not easy to use - it does take practice. Syns are very easy to use.

2. Carnauba's can only be applied to paint. Syns can be applied to virtually any surface - headlights, taillights, rubber trim, glass, mirrors, wheels.

3. As carnauba wears away, you ideally should strip it all off and start over. Syns can be applied layer after layer.

4. Carnauba dusts and can get messy. Syns go on and is removed easily and is virtually dust free.

As I've said many times, "best" is different for different people. For a dark colored, garage kept non-daily driver, I would recommend a good carnauba like Pinnacle or Natty's Blue. For a light colored, 24/7 outdoor kept, hot environment daily driver, Zaino. It's up to the user to choose what best suits his needs and desires.

And it's the common (and often considered ignorant by knowledgable detailers) to claim that online products cost more. It lasts longer, you use it less so it costs equally or less.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq