Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Woot! Pete is coming!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Todd aRRRRRRRRR.:
Woot! Pete is coming!

Woot! To see Todd!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
It appears that SQLSVT may want to join the frey, representin' Mothers and maybe Chip Foose can come by with his Mothers products

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SQLSVT:
If you wanted to do a OTC battle (Meg's vs. Mothers) I would consider being part of this representing Mothers.

In addition to Roger and Pete "waxing off" on the CSVT using the likes of highly regarded products from Klasse, Pinnacle, and Zaino I think it would be cool to have a comparison of two store bought products (The established and very popular Meguair's NXT and Mothers new Reflections).

My only concerns that leave me hesitant in saying that yes abosolutely I want to be a part of this are that I would want to do the detailing as early as possible on Saturday so that I can spend time during the show checking out other people's cars and demoing my stereo to other people. The worst thing I could imagine is that while I am detailing the Fusion I come back to my car with a blown speaker, or something along those lines.

Jim would want to agree to having two cars being detailed at the show and shine also. I don't know if he wants to turn the show and shine into "Detail-Fest 2006"

Also, I believe that Pete owns a PC. It is a possibility that I could bring my PC, Because two PCS are better than one!

"Sound Quality Loud" SVT 1998.5 Silver CSVT
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
NXT vs Mother's Reflections/FX is not a fair comparison. NXT is a one-step product - Mother's line is not.

If you wanted to compare Mother's against another OTC product, it should be Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line.

I still want you to detail 1/2 my hood so that I can test it long term.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by SQLSVT:
Jim would want to agree to having two cars being detailed at the show and shine also.

I can think of a black SVT that we could put up in the contest.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
NXT vs Mother's Reflections/FX is not a fair comparison. NXT is a one-step product - Mother's line is not.

If you wanted to compare Mother's against another OTC product, it should be Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line.

I still want you to detail 1/2 my hood so that I can test it long term.

We will have to wait and see how Roger feels about this. I am not overly familiar with Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line. What product or products from this line do you feel would give a fairer comparison to Reflections?

I feel though that NXT and Reflections are about as fair of a comparison as there is. Both are OTC similarly priced high-gloss synthetic "AIO" type sealants that mimic carnaubas in their depth and wetness. The Reflections line also consists of "Top Coat" which is a hybrid synthetic polymer/carnauba product with no cleaners or polish that can be layered on any wax, sealant, or glaze. If I wanted to also use Top Coat then the person using NXT could also apply an additional coat or they could use a Meguiar's product of their choice to top the NXT.

"Sound Quality Loud" SVT 1998.5 Silver CSVT
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I agree about the OTC comparo, but like Pete said, make it fair. It would need to be Mothers Reflection line vs. something like this from Mequiars:

-paint cleaner
-NXT
-#26 Hi-Tech Yellow wax or
Gold Class

I can honest say that I've never tried any of the Mothers products as I was a Mequiars guy back then, so I can't say anything good/bad about it. I'm going to say this though, those sweet Chip Foose cars are probably NOT detailed with Mothers though

So it seems we have a 3rd competitor, so now we'd need a 4th, someone carrying the Mequiars torch against Mothers. The cars will have to be compared to the halfs and not to each other as I'm sure the paint finishes will be in different states. In closing this will be alot of things, wax off, comparisons, live info-mercial (don't worry, I'm not going to be cooking chickens, spraying my bald head with any GLH, showing you what a toronado does to your intake or selling diet plans) but most of all it will be fun, so make sure you don't miss this out there, its a chance to see it up close and personal

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Adding a second car and second tent and finding a 4th person seems like a more work for Jim, but that's his decision.

In addition, the two individuals waxing a new car will make it appear those products are superior to the two individuals waxing a 6+ year-old black car. Truely not a fair comparison for the two waxing the 6+ year-old black car.

Personally, I would like to keep it simple with Roger doing one half and myself doing the other. No offense to SQL, but CEGers know the two of us as long-standing veterans, our detailing knowledge and results over the years, and would be the preferred "head-to-head" using products that have clearly garnered the most interest - Klasse, Zaino - as evidenced by many people switching to the products. They have proven, tested histories as seen in data collected from detailing forums as well as being considered leading brands on many forums, and by magazines and independent testers.

My desire is still to have one half of my hood fully detailed by SQL with Mother's and to conduct long-term testing to be posted on CEG.

Just my .02 cents.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard