Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Can we get a run down of his "Tale of Tape" and also, are you using your PC Pete

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
He wont be using his PC. He wants to go head to head to keep it fair. Btw, I think Jim Baileys has a tent we can borrow.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Thats great about the tent Jim, as well as Pete not using the PC. Its not a race, this time, rather a comparison of products that some people have heard about and will now get to see work inperson. This way, they can determine for themselves whats best for them, although we're not going to be comparing "cheap" store bought products though are we I'm sure Pete can list the price of his products he'll be using as I did.

BTW Jim, remember to NOT clay the car yourself, leave that for Pete and I to do. Seeing that this is a comparison, all you need to do is wash the car real good before hand, I'll even apply the tire dressing Are we detailing the Fusion or the CSVT though

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Detailing will be done on the CSVT. The Fusion is brand new, so no real need.

To be honest, I'd like to see a comparison between your stuff, and some mildly cheap stuff. Not the no-name brand stuff, but say, some lower end Meguiars. That way we'll be able to tell just how worth it that expensive stuff is. Oh well, you guys will figure it out.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Even though the Fusion is new it needs some attention, I'm sure of it. I bet if were to wash it and run your fingers across the paint you could feel the grit and besides that, the metallic in the paint can be brought with a "quality" product. As far as the CSVT goes, well, I'm not sure if "Z" is an acrylic like Klasse is, but I know this, the Pinnacle "Souveran" will make the paint look about 3 feet deep, something you get from a quality caranuba, I'm ready Afterwards we'll need some updates from Jim about durability to see how thats going

B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
well, we'll see what kind of condition the fusion is in by then. Maybe it will have gone through enough mechanical car washes that it will have plenty of swirly marks by then. Either way, both are black cars. I tell ya what, my dads F150 is black and it has swirl marks galore. Its absolutely terrible. But I figured thats probably too big of a car to wax.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
If I wanted to "win", I would break out the PC and put a spanking on you Roger.

I'm a gentleman with honor (so no PC) and view this as a educational session and a friendly competition.

I was disappointed to find out the test vehicle is black. Carnauba has the advantage there. Zaino's strength is not bringing out dark colors, but providing optical clarity - showing the true color of the car, not temporarily boosting it as carnauba does. Regardless, I'll give it my best shot.

No question about durability. Here's a simple test:
1. leave the black car w/ Zaino on one side and carnauba on the other exposed to the elements for a month - sun, rain, etc.
2. wash the car thoroughly
3. dry it off
4. use the hose and mist the car
5. Note beading qualities

Repeat a month later. And a month after that.

Result:
Each time Zaino will still bead water tightly. Carnauba will not be nearly as tight and lose beading qualities. The hotter the environment, the faster the it disappates. I've performed this test and Zaino has outlasted all comers.

The true test of whether a wax is still there are it's beading qualities - the tighter the beads, the more effective the wax. "Pooling" water is a clear indication the wax is done. That's long been known in detailing. Yet Mother's new lines claim that their products start out beading, but result in pooling. "Don't worry, the wax is still working" is their claim. So how do you know the wax is still there? Pretty shady in my book.

As much as I would like to mix and match brands to achieve optimal results, I will refrain and be using all Zaino products.

I'm looking forward to it Rog.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
WOW! pete vs. rog what an event! great to hear you are coming pete.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Thanks for not breaking out the heavy artillary on me Pete and yes, caranuba, especially Souveran, will have an advantage for depth, no doubt about it. Maybe I should just stick with the Klasse SG to keep that part of it fair, but I'm sure theres going to be people ther who want to see what this Souveran can do, not everyday you get to see $70.00 wax in action

Now as far as the beading goes, well, Jim will keep us updated on that. I agree with you about the heat factor, especially on black, but your quality caranubas hold up very well as they're mixed with other items. I hope you don't think its unfair to use both SG AND Souveran, but I don't think either one of us is taking this too seriously, rather, like you said, a way to entertain and inform our community out there.

Someone mentioned something about comparing our "high end" products to the store bought Mequiars, well, thats up to Jim but we need to know for sure your going to represent that side, especially if you think the low grade stands a chance I've been there, done that and can honestly say this, Klasse will CRUSH Mequiars (still can't believe I say this now, but its the truth) So if want to step up, get ahold of Jim and lets see what he can come up with

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Roger, As I stated before, if it was strictly about "winning" I would be brings the PC, Menzerna, Four Star and Natty's Blue. I felt a good comparison would be Carnauba vs synthetic. Let people see the initial difference, but also educate them in the pros and cons of both and the long term differences.

I agree that OTC products do not deliver, but I would be more than happy to step aside to allow someone else to use an OTC line to do the comparison.

Seeing as many CEGers are understanding and willing to try the "higher end" products and wanting to use and try products such as Klasse and Zaino, I think it would be a good comparison and "class" to show how to apply, how to use, etc. As many CEGers can attest, I'm very generous with my time in providing advice/suggestions, etc.

I have no qualms whatsoever in whatever you decide to use.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard