If I wanted to "win", I would break out the PC and put a spanking on you Roger.

I'm a gentleman with honor (so no PC) and view this as a educational session and a friendly competition.

I was disappointed to find out the test vehicle is black. Carnauba has the advantage there. Zaino's strength is not bringing out dark colors, but providing optical clarity - showing the true color of the car, not temporarily boosting it as carnauba does. Regardless, I'll give it my best shot.

No question about durability. Here's a simple test:
1. leave the black car w/ Zaino on one side and carnauba on the other exposed to the elements for a month - sun, rain, etc.
2. wash the car thoroughly
3. dry it off
4. use the hose and mist the car
5. Note beading qualities

Repeat a month later. And a month after that.

Result:
Each time Zaino will still bead water tightly. Carnauba will not be nearly as tight and lose beading qualities. The hotter the environment, the faster the it disappates. I've performed this test and Zaino has outlasted all comers.

The true test of whether a wax is still there are it's beading qualities - the tighter the beads, the more effective the wax. "Pooling" water is a clear indication the wax is done. That's long been known in detailing. Yet Mother's new lines claim that their products start out beading, but result in pooling. "Don't worry, the wax is still working" is their claim. So how do you know the wax is still there? Pretty shady in my book.

As much as I would like to mix and match brands to achieve optimal results, I will refrain and be using all Zaino products.

I'm looking forward to it Rog.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq