Man it totally depends on where you are located as far as altitude/temp/humidity, as well as racing skills.

Those tested times are not just an actual run they are biased by averaging and estimating as well. You should use those times as an estimate of a good driver in good conditions.
15.8s quarter mile is a pretty good run especially on a not new car.
I remember turning 16s on my SVT in Arizona on the car stock. I had a heavy stereo system but it had more to do with average driving and atmospheric/location conditions than anything else.
With the 3L, I could only turn low 15s in Arizona. When I got to Texas, that changed overnight literally to where I was turning 14s in the 3L. Same weight vehical in all cases, just a little more experience and much better ambient conditions.

So take that crap with a grain of salt, he did pretty good for his first run and now he has a benchmark to better his driving against. When he isn't getting any better then time to start modifying his SVT.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black