Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I KNOW! I KNOW!!

Let's all get a Tornado!!

Screw getting a Tornado. If you get three of them in series, the vortex they create literally pulls your car along the road, increasing mileage to over 100mpg!

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
(Dons wig and spandex....applies make-up)

"We're not gonna take it! No! We're not gonna take it! We're not gonna take it...anymooooooore."

What is there to do? Luv my SVT...love driving it hard...

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
the jettas are still pretty expensive even when they are used, due to the fact of being diesel, but it evens out due to the milage they get, and you can run them forever, 250,000 miles easily with good PM

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Originally posted by Rishodi:
Apartment to campus = 1 mile
Apartment to summer job = 4 miles

I would get a mountain bike for these trips, parking is probably a lot better. If you are able to swing it that is.

Yeah for short trips like that walk or get a bicycle. I rode 19 miles to work today (luckily ahead of the rain storm)... I had to because my 'Tour won't start right now, but it was nice. Luckily there is a shower in the building here...

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by gilroynewball:
How much do these Diesel Jettas cost? I'm looking for one used, and manual, if available.

A coworker is selling her TDI Jetta Wagon. PM me if interested.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by gilroynewball:
How much do these Diesel Jettas cost? I'm looking for one used, and manual, if available.

Manual VW Diesels for sale on Autotrader

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I am tired of people speculating about the potential gas prices. Nothing more depressing that coming home from a long day of work only to turn on the news to hear "Gas COULD be over $3 soon". If all these speculators would just shut up, maybe the gas prices would stabilize.

2005 Subaru Legacy | Ban Them Forever
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R

I would get a mountain bike for these trips, parking is probably a lot better. If you are able to swing it that is.

However, the cost of insuring a motorcycle is usually very little, especially a small cheap one like I would be buying...

Dude if your still going to campus and have a summer job chances are insurance for you on a motorcycle is going to be sky high. Might wanna look into it!

I already walk, ride the bus, or ride my mountain bike most of the time to campus. Parking is better for any bicycle or motorcycle as opposed to a car, it's almost impossible to find a space if I drive to campus in the middle of the day.

And don't worry, insurance is definitely one of the many things I am going to look into.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

However, the cost of insuring a motorcycle is usually very little, especially a small cheap one like I would be buying...

Dude if your still going to campus and have a summer job chances are insurance for you on a motorcycle is going to be sky high. Might wanna look into it!

I already walk, ride the bus, or ride my mountain bike most of the time to campus. Parking is better for any bicycle or motorcycle as opposed to a car, it's almost impossible to find a space if I drive to campus in the middle of the day.

And don't worry, insurance is definitely one of the many things I am going to look into.

You definitely want to check on that insurance.

After reading your comment, for [censored] and giggles I went online with my insurance company to get a quote for motorcycle insurance because I had always heard the motorcyle insurance was outrageous.

I used a 2004 Honda 599 for the quote, which I honestly don't know if that's a cheap bike like you're looking at or not, since I know nothing about bikes, but seemed middle of the road in terms of price. I left everything the same as it is for my car including the time of getting a motorcycle license and said I took a motorcycle safety course. Driving record is perfect, married, and 24. And I went with just minimum required full coverage.

The total bill was over $3200/year. That's double what I pay to insure both of my cars put together, and they're insured for six times the coverage.

Basically, I can insure a $20,000 car and a $25,000 car with $300,000 in coverage, for roughly half of the cost of insuring a $7,000 bike with $50,000 coverage. Insurance results of course vary, but I don't think they vary so much as to mike bikes "cheap" to insure based off that quote.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Meh, I've got a '97 Yamaha FZR 600R. Insurance is ~$240/6months for collision and comp. That's with a very close range of driving, and me being 20 with a perfect driving record and the MSF course. There's a HUGE leap in cost from full insurance to minimum though, as you'll find out. Also, the CC's and the type of bike will pretty much determine the cost. A sport cruiser is in a completely different bracket than an all out sport bike. Pretty similar to cars really, so if you want cheap insurance, you can get it. Just have to be careful about the style, CC's, driving range/purpose, and type of insurance on the bike.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard