Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Go with ADC, they know their stuff. LOTS of experience with our engines, 3L and not

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
This comment isn't meant to slam ADC or any other vendor that works hard to help us out. However, when it comes to chips for YOUR car, the best solution is to take YOUR car to a tuner for a custom tune. Reason being, you car is vastly different than my car and trying to develop a chip for both is going to be a compromise. Not to mention, this process makes a lot of assumptions that getting a custom tune in-person will not make.

My advice: choose a chip maker, then look at their website for a tuner in your area. Call that tuner and schedule an appointment for some dyno time & tune.

Yes, it will cost more, but will get done right the first time. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people send in mail-order chips again and again just to get a marginal tune.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
That would be the best option. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone in the area that tunes Fords at all. There are only a couple of dyno's in the area, both working primarily on GM vehicles. I did get an awesome tune through Brenspeed, but I provided him with my dynographs and every bit of information I could. I also knew that he was willing to make changes for no charge, if it wasn't where I wanted it. I'm very happy with my mail order tune(Xcal2).

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard