Originally posted by 99SVT:
Just an FYI for everyone:

The trans will be going back to terry for investigation to see what really went wrong. This in no way means he is responsible for anything, it could easily be faulty parts from ford or a number of other things. We will know more once I can get it all out there. Let's not jump to any conclusions.

That is good. It will be really hard to tell what caused those parts to start failing so I wouldn't even try to pin down a exact cause of events.
I mean I know you can tell what failed and in some cases what led to what, but you won't know if it was just a faulty bearing roller/race versus some other part that broke and started causing abnormal wear that led to this.

Unless of course you say it was redline fluid. Then we'll all know what the verdict will be irregardless. BTW, it doesn't look like the fluid was failing to get into those areas, just that something was failing and the material was ginding away.
I would like to point out something stated before that as metal grinds away it will form a paste with the available lubricant and then cause a blockage preventing additional lubrication; even if the lubricant wasn't originally at fault.

BTW, what kind of lube did you have in there anyway?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black