Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by JReebs96sport:
Originally posted by imurdaddytoo sport:
getting an svt exhuast on a stock 99 se, anybody know what the rasp situation will be, from what i have read it seems like i will need to replace the resonator.

Just wondering how other people's sounded after it was done. Hopeing not to have too much rasp

No need to replace the resonator. You probally read stuff about people who have replaced it for sound and maybe a little performance, but still no need. I believe the stock SVT resonator is a straight through design so going to a "performance" resonator will gain you no more than 2 to 3 hp. I just put on stock SVT exhaust on my se sport. It is still very quiet with no rasp, but it sounds a little throatier. I think it is a great mod for SE's , go with it!

why do anything to a contour? You get barley any gains... People do it cause they want to, the car sounds damn sexy with magnaflows plus its nice to say you have a mod.

He wanted to know if he had to replace the stock resonator to get rid of rasp, and I said no! I just explained that people replace the stock resonator more for sound that for performance, and personally I agree with you about the sound. That is why I am buying a magnaflow res!

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.