Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I'd roll one.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

Yeah, the VX was the one that used some fuel-swirly technique in cylinder filling to improve combustion,

hmm, must of had the TORNADO!!

Best mobile phone resource site, especially Sony Ericsson 1996 Buick Riviera Gutted airbox K&N Air filter Modded boost bypass valve
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
My boss' daughter had a Honda Civic that would get 50+ mpg all the time . I forget exactly which year it was , somewhere about '94-'95 era - it was a Civic VX (lightweight model , from what I was told) . She told me it repeatedly got 50-55 mpg no probs (and so did my friend who owned it before her , since new) ... that is until some tool ran a stopsign & clobbered it while she was at college in Boston a year or 2 ago . She now drives a Mazda 6 .

I remember reading about those a long time ago and thinking "Why didn't they put a diesel in it and get a lot more?"

Is the VX really a "light weight" Civic? If so, wouldn't it be the choice model to mod?

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
My boss' daughter had a Honda Civic that would get 50+ mpg all the time . I forget exactly which year it was , somewhere about '94-'95 era - it was a Civic VX (lightweight model , from what I was told) . She told me it repeatedly got 50-55 mpg no probs (and so did my friend who owned it before her , since new) ... that is until some tool ran a stopsign & clobbered it while she was at college in Boston a year or 2 ago . She now drives a Mazda 6 .

I remember reading about those a long time ago and thinking "Why didn't they put a diesel in it and get a lot more?"

Is the VX really a "light weight" Civic? If so, wouldn't it be the choice model to mod?

They are pretty sought-after , especially the ultra-light wheels , from what I understand (for autocrossing , etc.) . I'd driven the car quite a few times & it's pretty fun to drive , despite not having "Si" performance under the hood . It did have stickier tires on it that it came with stock though . The oddest thing to me , was the way the idle would go down to about nil when you stop at a light - only a couple hundred rpms & quiet as heck . The first couple times it did it , I thought the car shut off on me . It was a good car , in great shape (thanks to my friend's early-on care) until it's demise at well over 150,000 miles (probably closer to 200k) .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
man i so want one of those cars! those things are sweet! Why dont they bring the goods over here~!

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by dcl:
A lot of innovation in such a little car. Love the "walk through" back seat area and the voice-command system (that and their nav systms being the industry benchmarks from what I hear). The styling of is growing on me ...

My faveriote part was when he slammed his head on the Honda Emblem.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
that announcer's got a dang hard head.
did you see him headbang the front end??
LMFAO!!!!!
Cool car too bad it'll never come here. I like the look of it much better then teh sedans

'03 Protege 5 MTX '02 Mazda Protege LX MTX former owner of: 96 Contour GL 2.5 ATX
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard