Update: I called the salvage yard and was told I have a 2001 engine and if I want a 2000 engine I should have told themâ?¦ya that confused me too.

The English is limited but after 20 minutes on convincing them that the water pump changed from 99â?? 00â?? in 01â?? he got fed up and told me he couldnâ??t do anything about it. He explained to me that I have 2001 engine and that a water pump is cheap. I also got threatened to give him my VIN number so he can tell me if it fits or not, he said â??Are you scared or something man?â?. I went and found a 2001 Taurus SEL VIN # off of Auto Trader, so they can see what type of engine I need to use in my car. This has been no picnic today.

Finally still not giving into giving me my money back I told him that itâ??s a false advertisement, then I got an English speaker on the phone.

I just called them to give them the VIN # so they can look it up. They said they could possibly order in the engine I need to exchange it with mine.

If this doesnâ??t work out I will just go with getting the right heads and water pump for the 01â?? Taurus engine and working from there.

3L process done